Kabgayi , Rwanda, Africa
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Expert/Specialist in Orthopaedist Surgery
MIDA HEALTH RWANDA- VACANCY NOTICE - OPEN TO EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Vacancy Notice no: IOM/MIDA/002/2012
Duty Station: Kabgayi District Hospital in Rwanda
Position title: Expert/Specialist in Orthopaedist Surgery
Classification: Volunteer position under MIDA Health Project
Duration of Appointment: 30 Day contract with a possibility of extension
Application Closing Date: 31 July 2012
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
General Function, Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Project Manager and the direct supervision of the designed Focal Point or the Director of Kabgayi District Hospital, and in close collaboration with other human for health in the hosting institution, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the following activities.
Essential functions will be as follow:
- Assess, diagnose and treat orthopedics diseases;
- Make consultations and follow-up of outpatients and inpatients with orthopedics problems;
- Perform a bedside teaching of Surgery and Orthopedics diseases to students rotating in the Department of surgical (Staff, Interns Doctors and residents in Family Medicine);
- Help to make protocols of common surgical diseases in the Department;
- Perform any other activity as requested by the Head of Department in the field of surgery Department.
- Specialization in Orthopedist Surgery;
- Minimum 3 years working experience after qualification;
- Good understanding of Rwanda health Sector context and policy;
- Ability to work harmoniously with other colleagues from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Personal Characteristics: Initiative, motivation, and willingness to work as volunteer and share knowledge with
- other professionals in the health sector in Rwanda, including on-job-training, conference, meeting, etc.
Languages: Ability to communicate fluently in English or French, and knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.
This position is only available for Rwandan Diaspora Health Professionals and other non-Rwandan Volunteers.
Mode of Application:
After registration through www.jobs.rwandandiaspora.gov.rw, please submit applications indicating the reference code above and job title including CV, 3 references and their daytime telephone or e-mail contact to IOM Rwanda Office at IOMRwanda@iom.int