Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Project Director
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide executive support to the Project Director of the University of Global Health Equity. Working closely with the Project Director and Kigali-based Leadership Team, theAdministrative Coordinator will facilitate efficient internal communication within the Rwanda office and between UGHE offices. S/he will provide support to the Rwanda-based operations team through discrete, strategic projects. The Administrative Coordinator will also be responsible for planning trip logistics for and providing accompaniment to visitors and high-level partners. This is a great opportunity for someone with superior attention to detail, organizational skills, and an interest in laying the foundation for a new university.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, have the ability to work independently and as a team, and be an effective communicator. This person will need to interact with staff at all levels and across offices, as well as important external partners. S/he must be exceedingly diplomatic, flexible, resourceful, and exhibit great discretion and maturity in managing the complex issues.
- Provide written, logistical, and general administrative support to the operations team
- Support the Rwanda-based operations and academic teams through discrete, strategic projects
- Serve as a liaison to staff and external contacts in coordinating requests for Kigali leadership team’s attention to matters
- Serve as the lead for planning logistics for visitors and high-level partners
- Disseminate decisions made and facilitate implementation to stakeholders
- Work with the Project Director to develop an efficient system of task and time management
- Establish key performance indicators to measure administrative improvements and overall performance.
- Carry out annual performance evaluation for all employees under his/her supervision, and provide training and mentorship on an on-going basis
- Supervise the UGHE Kigali office’s administrative assistants
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three or more years’ experience as an administrative professional
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment
- Proven ability to take initiative and anticipate needs
- Organization skills and superior attention to detail
- Excellent written skills
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences and demonstrated ease of public speaking
- Demonstrated maturity, flexibility, judgement, and diplomacy
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity
In addition to this application, applicants should provide: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) undergraduate and graduate transcripts, (3) a cover letter discussing your interest in UGHE and relevant experience, (3) contact information for at least two professional references.
Apply before 4thApril 2017 on the following link