Business Opeartions Innovation Officer
Function: Business Operations
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: 30th May 2018
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia and Myanmar that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in income. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In nine years we have grown to serve over 400,000 farm families with more than 3,000 full-time field staff. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new countries.
The Business Operations department (BizOps) is responsible for all key client data management and works closely with our core operations on a daily basis. The Business Operations Innovation Officer will design, develop and deliver innovations that support our in country BizOps teams and partner departments
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in country teams set up and maintain their SMS workflow management tools. We use Telerivet as our SMS workflow tool.
- Provide full scope Telerivet support to countries just starting to use Telerivet
- Support testing of high impact services going live
- Be a resource to be consulted by in country teams
- Update and maintain Telerivet best practices
- Design, develop and deliver high value field materials that will be used by our field facing staff to inform and train our farmers using SSRS
- Design, develop and digitally distribute printable field facing materials via reporting server
- Be a consultable resource for FOPS in defining new field facing materials
- ZenDesk support
- ZenDesk is the platform we use to manage calls coming from our farmers.
- Work with in country teams to set up their ZenDesk configuration to support our growing call center operations
- Provide trainings on the various platforms that we use within BizOps to in-country teams
- Support ad hoc requests for data
- Provide in country and global decision makers with data from our core systems to support strategic decision making or external requirements
- Strong affinity with web technologies / development
- (Semi) technical background
- Desire to take on technical challenges
- Ability to understand and scope a deliverable
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to their work
- Flexibility: You should be comfortable with ambiguity and quickly learning new skills and subjects.
- Growth: You should be open to feedback, willing to admit mistakes.
- Language: Fluent in English
- Demonstrated experience of working in a development team
- Experience with SQL databases
- Demonstrated affinity with and/or experience of working in an agile manner
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in information technology, economics, business, finance, accounting or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Experience managing other people.
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
Please click on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCuyGjRuk3nXHMZN9aS53AyA_FucIG76UC8LR34oeQWdCRBg/viewform
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.