We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Communications & Public Engagement Manager, Next Einstein Forum!
In this role and reporting to the Managing Director NEF, the Communications & Public Engagement Manager Next Einstein Forum (NEF) will manage Communications and Public Engagement efforts of the NEF, creating engaging content that tells the NEF story.
As the ideal candidate you will collaborate with the Managing Director NEF to develop and implement the NEF Communications plan and you will manage external communications including press releases and other communiques.
The Communications & Public Engagement Manager NEF will lead the development and implementation of engagement strategies for global campaigns using industry best practices and support the AIMS Communications team in drafting NEF annual and quarterly reports including donor reporting.
This is a full-time opportunity based at the Secretariat in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications and/or Journalism or any other relevant field
- At least two (2) years’ experience implementing a communication plan for a large organization or international organization;
- A strong writer with at least two (2) years’ experience creating content for various platforms (including blogs);
- Experience using design and editing tools to create content including GIFs and short videos is required
- Knowledge of communication (including online and social media) trends and best practices;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as required;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and often conflicting priorities;
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of professionals across multiple geographic boundaries, time zones and cultures;
- Being bilingual is an asset
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic, legal and cultural context of working in Africa and ability and willingness to travel within and out of Africa;
- Self-sufficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web-based applications (Dropbox, Google, Skype) and digital analytics and scheduling tools
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. quote “Communications & Public Engagement Manager NEF” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until May 29, 2018.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.