Corporate Operations Project Specialist
TUBURA Job Description – Corporate Operations Project Specialist
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Function: Corporate Operations
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Operations & Strategy Specialist
Job Location: Rubengera, Rwanda.
Duration: Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
Most of the world's poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a "market bundle" that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In eight years, we have grown to serve 180,000 farm families with more than 2000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Website: www.oneacrefund.org. [Second paragraph not included in website job descriptions]
One Acre Fund is a rapidly–growing organization, and is increasingly building up operational support for that growth. We are looking for someone to provide operations support for our Rwanda programme, specifically to services relating to our headquarters in Rubengera, Rwanda.This is a wonderful opportunity to take on a challenging management role.
You will be responsible for operational management (including areas such as fleet management, office & print services, facility management, and support staff management), staff development, and capacity building:
- Operational Management: You will be responsible for managing a large number of our program operational support. You will have management responsibilities for up-to 90% of the Corporate Operations team, and will work with the Corporate Operations Lead in the below areas:
- Support-Staff Management: We have a strong team of operations support staff that forms the backbone of our programme as a whole. The successful candidate will manage some or all of the following departments:
- Transport Management: You will manage a team which aims to provide safe vehicles to support our operations, develop transport policies and systems, and liaise with external providers (taxi companies, shuttle services, etc) with an aim of providing reliable and consistent transport support to our team.
- Facility & House Management: You will manage a team that runs our housing facilities and ensures the maintenance, cleanliness, and hospitality services for homes and guest rooms. This will include working with department managers, support staff, our internal Infrastructure team and possibly external security providers and to provide administrative support for these processes.
- Office Management: You will oversee the team who ensures the smooth running of office systems and services, both at our HQ and our Regional Offices.
- External Visitor Support Systems: There is a possibility for you to eventually manage a team of people who host visitors, candidates, and donors and provide them with high-level strategic support.
- Mentorship and Coaching: You will be responsible for directing and mentoring team leads in each of these areas, and ensuring an excellent quality of service across the department.
- Staff Development: We have fantastic team. You will be responsible for further training of our staff and building the team capacity to run a smooth and sustainable operation. This will include staff training, constant mentorship, and feedback.
- Operational Systems Innovation: You will be working in partnership with the Corporate Operations Lead to role out and execute on new initiates and innovations.
- Strategy: You will support and drive strategy for the Corporate Operations team in Rwanda
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a top university degree and 2+ years of work experience. Additionally, this candidate will have a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong work or internship experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, managing a large team, starting a business).
- Very strong self-manager, very well organized and strong attention to detail. After an initial period of mentorship, supervision will consist of one weekly check-in.
- Management: Passionate about managing others and invested in their development / management experience a plus
- Prior experience in external relations, property management, logistics, and/or office administration is ideal, but mostly we are looking for a smart generalist with great communication skills and a knack for quick and effective execution of projects.
- Team building. We are looking for someone who can motivate others to get work done, and generally build a strong team unit and culture.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Understanding of what keeps an organization running smoothly.
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda necessary.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Please click on this link: https://www.oneacrefund.org/careers/job-openings?n=-Corporate-Operations-Specialist
Please complete the linked form carefully, only top candidates will be considered. It is not necessary to attach a cover letter or CV but you may do so at the end of the form.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.