Data Management Officer
JOB TITLE: Data management officer
Global Communities, established in 1952, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Global Communities seeks a Data management officer, reporting directly to the program MIS manager to support the USAID/Twiyubake Program. The candidate will work as part of the Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) team, and will particularly be responsible for supporting all functions of data management, including system development and maintenance, capacity building for users, data analysis, and generation of reports.
Key responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support application of the program data management system, including training and mentoring of implementing partners and program technical staff on the use of the system.
- Support the MIS manager in conducting database system modifications and updates as required.
- Support regular data quality audits among implementing partners to ensure accurate and reliable data is in the program system.
- Conduct regular field visits to partners to provide technical support and build capacity in data management, including data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Support the development of program reports by applying the MIS to generate required data.
- Assist implementation of the program Household Vulnerability and Graduation Assessment (HVGA), including configuration of tablets for data collection, training and supervision of enumerators, data upload and analysis.
- Support training and supervision of data entry clerks who support different needs such as data entry of household enrollment information.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to program and RPO staff to ensure correct data entry and analysis in the SAVIX system which is applied to track performance of program supported savings groups.
- Support the MERL team in other routine activities, including data compilation and analysis, data entry into different donor and government reporting systems, field supervision and technical support to RPOs in meeting MERL requirements.
Applicants for this position must demonstrate capacity to deliver results, and a strong commitment to professional ethics and integrity. The position is only open to Rwandan nationals. In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Rwandan citizen
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer sciences is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in database design and development. Knowledge and familiarity with DHIS2 is an added advantage.
- Experience in using free and open-source software (FOSS) specifically Linux, PostgreSQL, Jasper Reports, QGIS, Tomcat, nginx and Android is highly desirable.
- Experience in setting up, managing and troubleshooting computer networks.
- Experience supporting monitoring and evaluation activities in international development programs, preferably USAID funded programs.
- Good knowledge of statistics and research methods – including quantitative and qualitative methods, tools, analysis and techniques.
- Outstanding organizational skills – including ability to manage large volumes of complex data and reports.
- Experience in the use of GIS technology.
- Superior computer skillsand
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kinyarwanda.
Note: this position description is intended to present the general nature and level of work performed in this position. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to complete and submit the application form available on the "Apply for this job" button below . Deadline for submission is January 26th 2017.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted