Position: Deputy Supply Chain Manager
ABOUT IGNITE POWER RWANDA
Ignite Power is Pan-African developer and financier of safe clean energy solutions, operating in Rwanda. Ignite solutions are targeted to be as affordable as possible and environmentally friendly, providing nation-scale interventions in a sustainable way. In line with scaling up our operations in the country, we are hiring talented Rwanda youths.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
- The deputy supply chain manager will be responsible for designing procurement and office rental contracts.
- Checking procurement contractual terms and conditions, interviewing and negotiating with potential suppliers on behalf of the Company in absence of SC Director.
- Ensure the Company is compliant with the contractual terms and conditions, public procurement law, rules and regulations in relation to procurement activities.
- Responding to procurement queries and producing outcome reports for management considerations.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all concerned parties in order to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Monitor competitive terms. Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes where necessary.
- Support SC department to work closely with Finance department to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as tax compliance, pricing and discounting policies, export controls and insurance requirement.
- Identify opportunities and advise the SC Director on better and modern procurement contract management practices.
- Oversee interdepartmental Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal and provide weekly reports to the SC director outlining contracts description, start date, end date, contract amount for proper tracking and management.
- To be the custodian of all company contracts, assets and equipment by ensuring that they are properly marked/labeled and assigned to individual users and there is a proper asset movement record.
- Working closely with the procurement Officer to ensuring that all office provisions are supplied in time and put measures to guard against misuse of resources.
- Handle incoming and out-going couriers related to Supply chain department.
- Act on behalf of Supply Chain Director in her absence.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time to time.
- The above job description sets out the main responsibilities of the Deputy Supply Chain Manager but should not be regarded as an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required. As the Company is growing, duties and responsibilities may change and will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, Supply Chain management/ Public procurement, International Business law or relevant field preferred.
- Prior work experience at least 3 Years in a management role of either public, private or NGO.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong experience in Business Processes for a growing service organization.
- Skills in managing personnel and contributing towards the development of department strategy
- Independent thinker who can offer solution to complex situations
- Developed negotiation and communication skills
- Developed management and leadership skills
- Exceptional service and results orientation
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly languages.
- Successfully presents technical information.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Excellent self-organized and self-directed in performance of tasks, including time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references. Interested applicants are requested to read and complete very carefully the following application form not later than 27th, May 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted