Position Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Project Director
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Finance Manager is a key member of UGHE senior leadership who oversees the Rwanda Finance team personnel, systems, and strategy. S/he ensures the finance, accounting, compliance, budgeting, and reporting processes are executed thoroughly and efficiently. S/he must manage complex, confidential, and broad-ranging financial tasks capably and with strategic foresight.
- Ensure adequate financial systems and controls are in place and followed at all times
- Strengthen, communicate, and enforce financial policies within the UGHE team
- Manage the UGHE audit process
- Ensure UGHE is in compliance with the most current standards of Rwandan law, including statutory taxation requirements
- Facilitate smooth coordination with financial teams at PIH sister sites in Rwanda and Boston
- Build out local finance infrastructure to ensure processes are as efficient as possible
- Manage UGHE finance team staff and ensure key team performance metrics are met
- Manage student tuition payments process
- Manage the monthly financial reconciliations and cash flow balances
- Advise on cost projections for Rwanda-based expenses, based on past spending patterns and market research
- Set standard pricing thresholds for UGHE services
- Create budgets for new funding opportunities
- At least 8 years of experience in finance or accounting required
- Bachelors in accounting, finance, or related field required; masters and/or CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated strength in relevant computer software including Excel
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Kinyarwanda preferred
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity
In addition to this application, applicants should provide: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) undergraduate and graduate transcripts, (3) a cover letter discussing interest in UGHE and relevant experience, (3) contact information for at least two professional references.
Apply before Thursday 6th April 2017 on the following link