Financial Analyst and Grants Coordinator
Financial Analyst and Grants Coordinator
Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
The Rwanda Youth Employment Project / Huguka Dukore is a 5-year project (2017-2021) funded by USAID. The Huguka Dukore activity will provide 40,000 vulnerable youth – 36,000 new youth and 4,000 Akazi Kanoze alumni – with employability skills by scaling up successfully proven Akazi Kanoze interventions, across 19 (of 30 total) districts countrywide, using a series of inclusive innovations that will invite more youth to participate in Rwanda’s historic transformation, particularly women and youth with disabilities. The HugukaDukore project will target vulnerable youth, defined as young women and men aged 16-30 living below the poverty threshold (i.e., those earning less than $1.75 a day), with educational attainment of at least six years but less than nine years of basic education.
- Manage financial functions in compliance with EDC and Donors’ procedures and policies;
- Organize and conduct continuous financial management training and coaching to sub-grantees.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and audit sub-grantees.
- Contribute to the development and editing of accounting policies and procedures for sub-grantees.
- Adequately facilitate the disbursements of funds to sub-grantees in accordance with grant terms;
- Review and audit sub-grantees’ reports, and ensure sub-grantees reporting timeliness;
- Review Sub-grantees’ expenditure to ensure that it is incurred in compliance with grant terms and donors’ regulations.
- Provide timely feedback and establish follow actions to individual sub-grantee financial reports
- Liaise with the DCOP and IPs Manager to ensure sub grantees refund advances/refund requests are consistent with approved work plans
- Maintain a detailed grant status schedule and organized grant files including all correspondences relating to grants, and conducted grants closeouts.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, verifying all deposits, and handling discrepancies;
- Perform accounting payable duties, such as verifying all invoices for payments;
- Administer the staff payroll, pécule de congé and severance accruals;
- Monitor financial activities of all expenditures completing monthly financial reporting in a timely manner;
- Control the advances disbursements and reconcile accounts on weekly and monthly basis;
- Prepare VAT refund claims and submit to RRA;
- Reporting to the Finance Director
Other accounting duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reporting,
- Train and support interns in finance department,
- Maintain journal entries of wire transfers and receipts,
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting records,
- Supervise the distribution and generation of checks,
- Ensure filing of supporting documentation for accounts reporting,
- Ensure remittance and declaration of statutory salary deductions (Pension contributions and Pay As You Earn),
- Should have a minimum of University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or any other related discipline.
- Should have a minimum five years’ hands-on experience in accounting and financial management
- Proven experience in sub-grantees/awardees management for USAID funded projects
- Proven capacity in conducting capacity building of local organizations/sub-grantees on donors’ compliance including USAID and Private Foundations
- Proven experiences in tracking and documenting sub-grantees cost share within USAID funding context
- Experience on the QuickBooks or any other similar accounting software
Applications including Motivation letter and CVs/resume ONLY addressed to the EDC Country Director must be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 31, 2017 COB.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits