Financial Reporting and Compliance Specialist
This job has been viewed 1,048 times
Accounting, Finance and investment
Senior (5+ years of experience)
Number of positions:
Job Description – Financial Reporting & Compliance Specialist
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: 4th April 2017
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. Instead of giving handouts, we invest in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We supply a complete service bundle of seeds and fertilizer, financing, training, and market facilitation—and we deliver these services within walking distance of the 400,000 rural farmers we serve.
We measure success in our ability to make farmers more prosperous and we always put Farmers First. www.oneacrefund.org
Exceptional finance professional with 5+ years of experience, an accounting certification, solid technical skills, and knowledge of ERP systems like SAP to coordinate and improve financial reporting at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO dedicated to increasing farmer prosperity. During over seven years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve more than 100,000 farm families with over 1,400 full-time staff. We also have operations in six other East African countries and continue to grow annually. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization and have recently centralized our global finance function in Kigali.
To help maintain this growth and better serve farmers by providing excellent finance support to the operating countries, we are looking for a Finance Specialist to join the Financial Reporting and Compliance team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take charge of periodic financial reporting to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met. An appreciation of technical and management accounting will be an advantage
- Work with the finance sub-departments to coordinate financial reporting activities across all countries in which One Acre Fund operates
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements from each country to ensure accuracy and oversee the reconciliation process of underlying account balances
- Facilitate implementation of best practice finance processes to improve the quality of internal or external finance reports and the related control environment
- Work with the Finance Director on ad hoc global finance projects focused on the accomplishment of the team’s long-term goals
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5-8 years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Five to eight years of professional work experience in Finance, Management Accounting or external Audit.
- Accounting certification required
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience working with an ERP System (SAP experience preferable) would be an advantage
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Demonstrated integrity and a good work ethic
- Fluency in English. French and Kinyarwanda are an added advantage
- Effective communication skills - written and spoken
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Please click on this link: https://www.oneacrefund.org/careers/job-openings?n=Financial-Reporting-and-Compliance-Specialist.
Please complete the linked form carefully, only top candidates will be considered. It is not necessary to attach a cover letter or CV but you may do so at the end of the form.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.