Head of Technical Operations
With a strong background in management & electrical engineering
Mobisol Rwanda is hiring a
Head of Technical Operations - Rwanda
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 600 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible micro financing. Having successfully installed more than 50,000 solar home systems in Tanzania and Rwanda, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
To support our operations in Rwanda we are looking for a
Head of Technical Operations
based in Kigali, Rwanda
The position holder is responsible for managing the assembly, repair and refurbishment processes of Mobisol products. The Technical Operations Manager will lead the Technical Operation Department countrywide.
In this senior management position, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee, align, forecast, and improve day to day workshop activities
- Implementation SixSigma, 5S methodology, or other operational improvement tools
- Support the optimization of our customized, web-based software system
Promote the innovation of our Mobisol products (Solar Home Systems with Battery, Solar Controller, Photovoltaic Panels and Electronic Appliances) and in-house testing systems by analyzing and reporting reoccurring technical issues
- Collaborate with the quality Assurance Department
Analyze the Technical Operations data to ensure efficient operations (e.g. Global Repair Sheet, Global Quality Sheet)
- Urgent technical challenges
- Ensure the sufficient supply of electronic components
- Interface between Headquarters in Germany (R&D and Technical Operations) and Country Offices in Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya
- Master degree in Engineering is required, electrical or similar is a plus
- 5+ year experience in operations management in a technical field related to Mobisol products (Solar Home Systems with Battery, Solar Controller, Photovoltaic Panels and Electronic Appliances, testing systems)
- Experience with operational improvement tools (F.e. Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc.) is a plus
- A proven track record of at least 5 years management experience with disciplinary and functional authority
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
- Strong leadership skills
- Cooperative attitudeExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please send your application (motivation letter that none of the other applicants will write - stand out! CV, references) with the subject line “Technical Operations Manager Rwanda” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates. Mobisol is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women and men, without discrimination.