Head of Technical Service Strategy Rwanda
With a strong background in technical & maintenance service, customer service and people management Location: Kigali, Rwanda
mobisol is hiring a
Head of Technical Service Strategy (m/f) Rwanda
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 600 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 70,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
To support our growth we are looking for a
Head of Technical Service Strategy Rwanda (m/f) based in Kigali
The position holder is responsible for the development and implementation of the technical service strategy in order to achieve highest level of customer satisfaction and ensure fast and on time response. The Department aims to provide Mobisol customers with the best possible after sales service.
In this leadership position you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective hiring and coordination of the Service Network Teams countrywide
Team management for more than 60 contractors/freelancers and 11 employees
Ensuring qualitative and on time installations and maintenance cases
Ensuring excellent customer service by all department members
- Developing a strategy for service quality development
Conceptualizing of new IT Solutions together with the Software Developers at Headquarters in Germany in order to support the Service Network Department operations
- Generating and providing material demand forecasts and reports to Interface-Departments in East Africa, Germany and China
- Regular reporting of departmental performance and the key performance indicators to the management in Rwanda and Germany
- Training, coaching and monitoring the Service Network Team
In addition, you will lead and guide the Service Network Department Rwanda maintaining a close interface to operations in all other country offices. This position has a direct reporting line to the Chief Operations Officer Rwanda.
- Master Degree in Electronical engineering and strong track record in operations management or technical service.
- At least 4 years of professional experience within a rapidly growing industry.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and data analysis
At least 2 years experience leading a team
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to recruit, train, moderate and coach your team
- Fluent language skills in Kinyarwanda and English
- As an individual, you pursue a systematic, structured and reliable way of work. In addition to your affinity to technical service, you possess a hands-on approach as well as pronounced social competencies for teamwork and people management in an international environment. You are target driven and dynamic, and you consider your role as an important contribution to the development of the entire enterprise.
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
If you feel intrigued by this opportunity, please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, references in pdf format) with the subject line “Head of Technical Service Strategy” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates. Mobisol is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women and men, without discrimination.