HSE Coordinator (Project)
ELTEL Networks (Rwanda) is recruiting an HSE Coordinator for a project in Kigali.
Implement and ensure compliance to ELTEL´s requirements and to local legislation with regard to HSE, and proactively improve project HSE. The ultimate success is a completed project with zero work accidents and zero Lost Time Injury (LTI).
Reporting to the Local Project Manager, the Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Coordinator will:
- Working within the project team to develop and implement project routines and risk controls with regards to HSE
- Arrange and control necessary trainings related to health, safety, and external environment protection for ELTEL employees and subcontractors
- Arrange and control necessary safety equipment
- Proactive guidance, assistance, coaching and mentoring, and monitoring of HSE at work sites
- Reporting (Accidents, Potential Incidents, Near Miss situations) and propose corrective measures.
- Plan and carry out internal HSE audits together with head office HSE manager
- Participate in project- and in site meetings.
- Support Local Project Manager and Site Managers in preparation of work plans from HSE perspective, including Safe Job Analysis
- Liaise with clients’ HSE representative(s) and ELTEL head office HSE manager.
- Relevant Bachelor degree
- Preferably experience in power transmission and/or distribution line construction
- Preferably with a background in HSE within the power industry or civil construction sector
- Fluently in English. Verbal and in writing.
- Software skills: MS-Office
The applicant shall be prepared for an initial period of “on-the-job-training” with the HSE organization on one of ELTEL´s projects sub-Saharan Africa, in order to gain knowledge and experience with our company and our way of working (ELTEL Way).
Interested applicants should send their application letter (max one page) and Curriculum Vitae, not later than 23rd January, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The interview and selection process will be conducted also during the application period why we encourage interested candidates to apply as early as possible.
Eltel Networks TE AB (Rwanda)