Director, Education Assessment Center
SNHU Assessment Center, Kimihurura, Kigali
(located at Fairview Building, across Lemigo Hotel)
Full time, 40 hours per week
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), in partnership with Inkomoko Business Development, has launched an on-line education assessment center in Kigali.
The Manager is a member of the lead staff at the SNHU assessment center, and is responsible for training and supporting a team of Reviewers, each of whom evaluates student project submissions using a pre-existing rubric designed specifically for each project. Also, the Manager is responsible for ensuring consistency of evaluations across Reviewers and providing direct feedback to Reviewers on their performance. The Manager will identify productivity challenges, proactively develop solutions to the challenges, and ensure productivity benchmarks are met. The Manager will work effectively across teams and departments. Additionally, the Manager will review student project submissions as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
MANAGEMENT & STAFF SUPERVISION
- Provide day to day support and supervision to of a team of Reviewers
- Monitor and report on the weekly progress and areas of improvement of the assessment center and provide reports to SNHU as requested
- Consistently evaluate and conduct performance reviews of assessment center employees, both verbally and in writing as required for development as well as on a timeframe as requested by SNHU
- Collect and organize any documents required by the US government, SNHU, and/or Rwandan government to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Develop and provide training for employees as needed according to goals and areas of development
- Other duties as required to ensure the success of the assessment center
- Lead quality assurance processes
- Lead assessment norming processes
- Support academic integrity validation
- Ensure productivity benchmarks are met
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of every component of curriculum
- Use rubrics and supplemental information to provide fair and consistent evaluations with encouraging, specific, and actionable feedback
- Perform evaluations and communicate with students through a Learning Management System
- Respond to student outreach swiftly and return evaluations to students within 48 hours of submission
- Complete program improvement assignments, as needed
- Attend in-person, online video and telephone meetings with Director or team members
- Protect student privacy
- Work in a team, both as a leader and active follower as required both in person and digitally
- Assess with integrity, honesty, and ethically
PUBLIC RELATIONS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Serve as the representative of the assessment center, including in government and partner meetings
- Work with SNHU’s partner, Inkomoko, to ensure SNHU is a top-notch partner, proactively addressing and resolving any challenges that may arise, as well as celebrating the successes of the partnership
- Master’s Degree
- Experience providing training, consultation and support in a professional manner
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships
- Experience providing direct observation and feedback on staff performance
- Ability to Identify individual and team performance opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a dynamic environment
- Prior college-level experience with non-traditional and online learning preferred
- Knowledge or expertise in competency-based education
- Ability to score consistently using a rubric
- Skill working in an electronic management system
- An encouraging and respectful attitude toward all students and colleagues; “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated level of English fluency at the academic/higher education level
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Demonstrated fluency in use of technology, especially software applications
- Demonstrate ability to learn and utilize rapidly changing technological platforms
- Demonstrated experience and outcomes managing a team
- Demonstrated experience and outcomes leading and organization or sizeable project
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations
- Demonstrated experience working with partners, governments, and leaders from high levels within outside organizations
- Fluency in at least one or more East African languages (Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, French, Swahili) preferred
Managers will be offered the minimum of a competitive salary, health insurance, paid leave (including sick, vacation, and maternity/paternity), and a one-year contract, renewable at the end of the contract period, depending on performance.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The Manager will work at the Kigali, Rwanda Assessment Center 5 days a week. The 1st floor office has dedicated parking spaces, break room, conference rooms, and lots of natural light, co-located with Inkomoko Business Development.
Best practice is to evaluate all projects assigned to the Reviewer and respond to every comment or question by a student each day. Work will be completed using a computer provided by the assessment center.
Please email your cover letter including your salary requirements and your CV to SNHUGem@Gmail.com
Include “Manager” in the email subject line.
Please address cover letter to Ms. Rachael Sears. Cover letters addressed to Dear Sir will not be considered.
Deadline to apply is June 27, 2018.