POSITION: Marketing & Communications Manager
COMPANY: Inkomoko Business Development
LOCATION: Fairview Building, 1st Floor, KG 622, (across Lemigo Hotel) Kimihurura, Kigali
THE OPPORTUNITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The goal of the Inkomoko Marketing & Comms Manager is to use communications vehicles to raise the profile of the organization, gain new clients, and communicate effectively with Rwanda partners and supporters. We are seeking candidates with previous communications/marketing experience, incredible attention to details, and powerful communications and storytelling skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS (40%):
- Develop and implement an annual Inkomoko communications plan
- Work with the Inkomoko Creative Director to provide content updates to the Inkomoko website
- Write blog posts to highlight organizational milestones
- Write the monthly Inkomoko client newsletter
- Event planning and marketing for public Inkomoko events
- Write client profiles (minimum 4 a month) that highlight key aspects of our program
- Develop communications materials that showcase Inkomoko’s impact on job creation
MARKETING FOR SALES (50%):
- Work with sales staff in Kigali and Rwanda to support their marketing needs
- Manage Inkomoko’s social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, focused at audiences all across Rwanda
- Create marketing materials for client recruitment, events, classes, etc.
- Develop marketing materials for special initiatives – including short videos, and promotional pieces
- Stay up-to-date with all Inkomoko client services to be able to market them effectively
- Expand our Rwandan press list and developing press strategy/releases for local media
- Develop press releases to connect Inkomoko work to larger initiatives in Rwanda
- Work with Managers to prepare them to provide interviews to the media, and seek opportunities to present Inkomoko managers and clients to Igihe, New Times, and other important publications.
The Communications Manager will be passionate about how business can be a force for social change and will be able to effectively and efficiently translate that passion into compelling messages.
Basic qualifications include:
- Fluent in both English and Kinyarwanda
- Highly skilled writer – with incredible attention to detail in writing/editing/grammar
- Demonstrated ability to produce marketing materials
- Understanding of local media outlets and experience working with them
- Strong photography skills
- Experience using a range of social media, MailChimp, and other tech-enabled communications
- Experience developing and pitching stories, ability to build rapport with clients – including refugees – for profiles
- Experience producing videos or project managing other comms consultants
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Colleagues who are passionate that entrepreneurs will transform the continent
- Flexible, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work, and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
- A competitive salary, health insurance, generous leave policy.
Please send your resume/CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com . Include your name and “MARKETING & COMMS” in the email subject line.
Please describe how your skills and experience will be valuable to this role. Also, include a previous (digital) work sample from another project you’ve managed.
Deadline for application: 1st June 2018