Monitoring and Evaluation Project Specialist
Monitoring and Evaluation Project Specialist
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Project Specialist
Deadline: March 29th, 2017
Job Location: Rubengera, Karongi
Duration: This position falls under a 12-18 month contract, with the opportunity of longer term extension based on organizational need and the quality of work completed
Who we are
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. Instead of giving handouts, we invest in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We supply a complete service bundle of seeds and fertilizer, financing, training, and market facilitation—and we deliver these services within walking distance of the 400,000 rural farmers we serve. We measure success on our ability to make farmers more prosperous and we always put Farmers First. www.oneacrefund.org
One Acre Fund M&E department works across a large territory in Rwa, comprised of both Nyanza Province locations and Western Province locations. Throughout the year, the M&E department executes 5-8 large scale survey projects, and sometimes 10+ smaller, sometimes ad-hoc survey projects. In all, survey projects fall within a set of themes:
- Annual OAF Impact Assessment
- Core Program Strategic Inquiry
- Support projects for Scale Innovations or other department inquiry
- CommCare Management
- Other tasks
- 2017-2018 Impact Assessment Operation Management & Data Management
- The Project Specialist (PS) will work closely with M&E leadership to carry out Impact Assessment related surveys in the field.
- The PS will be in charge of updating, rolling out quality control tools and assignments (as per the department’s Performance Management system)
- The PS will work in partnership with the field enumeration and supervision teams to track project progress and challenges.
- The PS will clean relevant data and assemble elements of the final 2015 Impact Analysis
- Roll out of 1-2 small or mid-scale surveys under the “Strategic Inquiry” theme and/or in support of Scale Innovations or other departments
- In these assignments, the PS will take a leading role in the field pilots, editing, training, and full roll out process.
- The PS will assist the write up of the final analysis for these projects, to be presented to project stakeholders.
- Performance Management system updates, analysis, and administration
- The PS will work with department leadership to ensure that field projects are have up-to-date, objective quality check protocols in place, that quality-check data is updated and reviewed 1x per week, and analyzed thoroughly 1x per month.
- The PS will present the weekly and monthly assessments of performance management data from the field upwards to leadership, laterally and help the data manager to communicate it downwards to field staff and with synthesize feedback and follow up information for these stakeholders.
- CommCare management
- The PS will help the data manager to create web-based survey and resolve any issue regarding web-based survey design program (CommCare) and prepare the data to be ready for the analysis (data cleaning)
- Other task depending on changing situation
- The PS task can change according to the M&E department’s needs
- Graduate of a 4-year University (mandatory)
- Graduate degree in sciences (strongly preferred)
- 2 years minimum practical experience working on data collection in a rural setting
- Practical experience writing surveys for field data collection
- Understanding of best practices in experimental design concepts, such as control group selection and randomization
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, specifically:
- Ability to design basic data-entry spreadsheets in “database format” (observations horizontally across, 1 variable per column) with useful data validation
- Ability to extract summary statistics using both Pivot Tables and Excel formulae.
- Experience in Web-based survey program such as CommCare
- Experience in statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA or R
- Proven ability to teach/mentor others
- Excellent ability to communicate in logical, clear, and relevant manner both verbally and in writing
- Dedication to honesty in regards to use of funds both in oneself an among subordinates
- Open to feedback, willing to admit mistakes
- Fluent Kinyarwanda and very high-level English. French is strongly preferred.
- Comfort & sensitivity working in a multicultural environment that spans 6 continents and many countries.
See the full job description and application details on our:
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.