POSITION: Poultry Technician.
Summary of Key Job Tasks& Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for providing consistent technical assistance to farmers in good poultry husbandry practices for optimum and timely productivity. Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Advising farmers regarding building and equipment specifications
- Littermanagement and farm sanitation/Biosecurity
- Conduct routine farm visits in order to document (In real-time);
- Bird comfort, management of the flock and equipment settings
- Monitor bird health, body weight and conformation and advising on remedy when possible
- Monitor feed consumption and feed conversion ratios
- Pull blood and fat samples when required
- Coordinating bird placements to the farms and helping with catch schedules
- Ensuringgood and timelycommunication between the hatchery andthe feed mill
- Ensuring the farmer and company are in compliance with customer requirements so as to produce flocks of the highest quality and at the lowest cost due to good performance
- Ensuring all government regulations are followed when handling poultry
- Attendance of all scheduled trainings for broiler technicians
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of Animal Nutrition, Animal Production, Veterinary medicine or equivalent
Experience: 1+ years' experience in poultry/livestock husbandry
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills in database management and Microsoft Office software’s (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English
Ability to operate/ride a motorcycle (Be ready to present a riding license upon request)
Ability to operate/drive a vehicle (Be ready to present a driving license upon request)
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their CV and cover letter on or before 20th April, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate on the subject line: Application for Poultry Technician. Position.
Only shortlisted qualified applicants will be contacted for the selection test.