Wanted - Program Intern, One Acre Fund (Various Departments, Kigali and Rubengera)
Ambitious university student or recent graduate with interest in social enterprise, agriculture, microfinance or development to assist our teams to change the lives of smallholder farmers across East Africa.
Kigali and Rubengera
June to August 2017
About One Acre Fund
Recognized as one of the top 20 NGOs in the world One Acre Fund has been serving farmers in Africa since 2006. Founded in Kenya, we now serve more than 400,000 farm families across 8 countries in East and Southern Africa. One Acre Fund provides asset-based loans, training, delivery and marketing services to smallholder farmers. We put farmers first in everything we do. Learn more at www.oneacrefund.org
One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns in several departments beginning June 2017. For twelve weeks (from June 2 to August 30), interns will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund's operations. Interns will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverable. Opportunities may be available in the following departments:
- Business Development & Communications - tells the story of One Acre Fund's smallholder clients to donors, supporters and the world.
- Finance, Audit – supports our operation with financial advice, reporting. Reduce waste and inefficiency by improving processes
- Field Operations - serves farmers directly with training, input delivery and loan servicing
- Government Relations and Policy - builds and maintain relationships with government and other stakeholders. Help shape rural development policy.
- Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics - sources and delivers the quality inputs and supplies our farmers need each season
- Product Innovations, Monitoring and Evaluations, Ag Research - conducts research that measures the impact of our core program and finds the next innovative solution for our farmers
- People Operations - supports the rapidly growing One Acre Fund family of leaders, finds the next generation of talent.
- Tech - build the software and tools that help us serve more farmers
Interns will be valued members of the One Acre Fund family. We ask all staff to take a “Farmers First” attitude and approach their work with humility. Specific projects may change with the needs of the organization.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive internship positions. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional recent college graduates or students with at least two years of university coursework completed (i.e. third year students).
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application).
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers.
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
June 2 2017
This is a paid internship. Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. [rural area based] interns will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. Top performing interns may be offered a full-time position.
Complete the http://bit.do/OneAcreFundInternship. by April 15th, 2017. Submitting a CV is optional but you must complete the application form including two essays.
As part of the application process, candidates will be required to complete written assessments, a phone interview and in-person interview at one of our offices. Final selection will be made in May 2017