Purchasing and Store Officer
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
Function: Procurement, supply chain, logistics
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Purchasing and Store Officer
Job Location: Rubengera, Rwanda
Duration: Minimum 2 year commitment, full-time job
Most of the world's poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a "market bundle" that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In eight years, we have grown to serve 400,000 farm families with more than 2,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation. To help manage this growth, we are looking for a “Purchasing and Store Officer”. Website: www.oneacrefund.org
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $800,000 in spend each year across over 1,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 100,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
The Rubengera-based Purchasing and Store Officer will execute our local purchasing function in Rwanda by sourcing, carrying out quality assurance, managing inventories and organizing deliveries of operational goods and services to the Rwanda program.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing and Store Officer will include:
Sourcing and deliveries
- Execute request for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases at the regional level
- Work with suppliers, finance team, and requestors to ensure goods are delivered on time and to the right specifications at the best possible price
- Provide support on the organization of regional calls for tender and manage regional procurements through local suppliers
- Ensure items’ reception, conduct quality checks and distribute requested items to requestors
- Group regional procurement requests as needed on a monthly basis to minimize delivery costs
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new regional suppliers
Systems and processes
- Manage and save proper documentation using google sheets and google drive
- Send data to Data Coordinator to save in SAP for purchasing services
- Be flexible and willing to learn and execute new systems and processes as needed
- Help develop and execute systems and processes
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through better supplier relationship management
- Manage the procurement store
- Monitoring stock movements
- Controlling stock quality
- Maintaining a secure room
- Disbursing goods to requestors
- Defining optimal stock composition
- Ordering items to replenish stock at the right time
- Build strong relationships with Tubura teams to understand their requirements
- Provide accurate reports of tasks accomplished
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We seek exceptional professionals with a passion for understanding logistics, supply chains and procurement. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
- Minimum 2 year work experience in a demanding professional environment.
- Experience or education in procurement/supply chain/logistics preferred, but not required. We are looking for a smart individual that can learn quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience working with multinational companies preferred.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle a demanding, high pressure environment
- Solid organizational and customer service skills
- Strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Strong quantitative thinking skills
- Top-performing academic background
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda required, French nice to have
Preferred Start Date
Please click on this link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41264122616951
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.