Manager, Education Assessment Center
SNHU Assessment Center, Kimihurura, Kigali
(located at Fairview Building, across Lemigo Hotel)
Full time, 40 hours per week
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), in partnership with Inkomoko Business Development, has launched an on-line education assessment center in Kigali.
Reviewers are responsible for evaluating student project submissions using a rubric designed specifically for each project. The Reviewer provides specific, actionable feedback to students for any areas of the project that require improvement and resubmission to demonstrate mastery. Words of encouragement are also provided to help keep the student on-track. Additionally, Reviewers occasionally work in teams with peers and attend individual and team meetings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use rubrics and supplemental information to provide fair and consistent education evaluations with encouraging, specific, and actionable feedback.
- Perform evaluations and communicate with students through an online Learning Management System
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of every component of curriculum within assigned workload
- Respond to student outreach swiftly and return evaluations to students within 48 hours of submission
- Complete program improvement assignments, as needed
- Attend in-person, online video and telephone meetings with manager or team members
- Participate in quality assurance processes
- Participate in assessment norming processes
- Support academic integrity validation
- Protect student privacy
- All Reviewers are encouraged to join and visit the online Reviewer community
- Work in a team -- both as a leader and active follower -- as required both in person and digitally
- Assess student submissions with integrity, honesty, and ethically
- Other duties as required to ensure the success of the assessment center
- Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s degree program
- Prior college-level experience with non-traditional and online learning preferred
- Knowledge or expertise in competency-based education
- Ability to score consistently using a rubric
- Skill working in an electronic management system
- An encouraging and respectful attitude toward all students and colleagues; “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated level of English fluency at the academic/higher education level
- Demonstrated level of fluency in at least one African language: Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or Swahili preferred
- Demonstrated fluency in use of technology, especially software applications
- Demonstrate ability to learn and utilize rapidly changing technological platforms
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Reviewers will work at the Kigali, Rwanda Assessment Center 5 days a week. The 1st-floor office has dedicated parking spaces, break room, conference rooms, and lots of natural light, co-located with Inkomoko Business Development.
Best practice is to evaluate all projects assigned to the Reviewer and respond to every comment or question by a student each day. There are no physical requirements, as all work is completed on a computer or telephone provided by the assessment center.
Reviewers will be offered the minimum of a competitive salary, health insurance, paid leave (including sick, vacation, and maternity/paternity), and a one-year contract, renewable at the end of the contract period, depending on performance.
Please email your cover letter including your salary requirements and your CV to SNHUGem@Gmail.com
Include “Reviewer” in the email subject line.
Please address cover letter to Ms. Rachael Sears. Cover letters addressed to Dear Sir will not be considered.
Deadline to apply is June 27, 2018.