Senior Software Engineer
ARED is a startup company that has developed a business in the box solution by delivering critically needed services such as charging small electronics using solar energy, electronic vouchers such as airtime, mobile money, prepaid electricity and internet/intranet while creating green jobs that address high unemployment at the BOP.
If you are looking for an innovative company that deals in technology with a social impact focus, ARED is your perfect candidate. We have embark into a quest to revolutionize the delivery of key services for people in rural and semi-urban areas while creating green businesses along the way. Talents, skill execution, problem solvers are what we looking for.
About the Job
We are building a software/ web, mobile application & hardware to be able to collect data from the customer, engage customers, offer internet/intranet, digital advertisement, content & comprehensive African App Store using local network connect it to a cloud data management services to lay the groundwork for more comprehensive intelligence service. We need someone that has good problem-solving skills, creative in value addition.
- Oversees new software applications, mobile application & hardware development with business analysts and technical architects. Work well in a team environment, not scared to make decisions.
- Experience with APIs for mobile client, business intelligence, and data mining tools.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Strong programming skills to communicate properly with programmers. Testing all product development to ensure the code is correct, fixing ('debugging') errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the program until it produces the correct results, hardware flaws.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of machine learning, Azure cloud system to be implemented on ARED software.
- Search, adapt and implement open source code to minimize cost.
- Plans organizes, manages, integrates and evaluates the work; develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve goals and objectives with managers, supervisors, project team leaders outsource companies. Oversees and participates in developing, implementing and evaluating short- and long-term work plans, processes and procedures to achieve established goals and objectives in accordance with international standards; prepares and maintains a variety of reports and statistical data.
- manages the design, development, implementation and on-going document manual of maintenance of systems, for the delivery of help desk and user technical support services; approves and participates in development of service level objectives with users; monitors and evaluates performance against service response and quality standards, based on analysis of user support data and results of service calls.
- Directs and oversees user needs, quality assurance processes and procedures; ensures comprehensive documentation of architectures, systems, and user procedures.
- Strong knowledge of security features to minimize risk on hacking, also minimize internal system tempering.
- Knowledge of UI and UX design to better experience and usability by customers or micro franchisees.
- Good understanding of data mining and algorithm, the storage system
Programing Language Skills
- Advanced knowledge in the programming languages C, C ++ and Bash, Java, PHP, scripts
- Advanced knowledge of using Linux distributions.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux networking and firewalls.
- Fundamentals in the area of continuous integration, e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Concourse or the like.
- Fundamentals in the field of embedded development.
- Interest or experience regarding cryptography.
- Experience in the area of Ruby / Rails / HTML / CSS web apps.
- Interest or experience with Linux distribution "OpenWRT / LEDE".
- Basic Linux & development skill are a must!
Working hours 9- 5
Location: candidate can work remotely or at the office based on approval.
Educational background: Minimum bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or a related field at least 2-5 years’ experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 31, 2018