Subsidy Project Lead
Subsidy Project Lead Job Description
- Industry: Nonprofit/International Development
- Employer: One Acre Fund
- Job Title: Subsidy Project Lead
- Deadline: January 25th, 2017
- Job Location: Kigali
- Duration: Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the financing and training they need to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. Instead of giving handouts, we invest in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We supply a complete service bundle of seeds and fertilizer, financing, training, and market facilitation—and we deliver these services within walking distance of the 400,000 rural farmers we serve. We measure success on our ability to make farmers more prosperous and we always put Farmers First. www.oneacrefund.org
The Partnerships Division manages external relations and communications with the Government of Rwanda and other stakeholders. The Subsidy Manager will handle the preparation, implementation and submission of TUBURA’s participation in the government agricultural input subsidy program.
The Subsidy Manager will need to quickly become acquainted with the Government’s agricultural input subsidy program and how this relates to TUBURA’s Core program. This role will require a highly numerate individual, with strong coordination and planning skills, strong communication abilities, and an aptitude to handle a complex program independently.
Activities will include:
- Cross departmental planning and coordination of the subsidy program: which requires the collection of over 170,000 client signatures with our field operations team, collection of over 1000 local government signatures with our local government team, and submission of all these complete lists to the national government.
- Creating a strong implementation plan including – key performance indicators (KPIs), progress trackers, and implementation plans.
- Relationship building with all levels of agricultural officials in Kigali and in all of TUBURA’s operating districts.
- Management of a large data set of client information to help prepare TUBURA’s subsidy submission and evaluate TUBURA, and national, client trends.
- Significant field visit to conduct surveys on the input subsidy process and analysis of this data to make concrete recommendations on increasing process efficiency.
We are looking for someone with high leadership potential and comfort working independently. This is a career track role where you will be able to build a team and manage more projects, if successful.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a strong relevant background and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in Rwanda. We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive.
- Work Experience: Candidates should have 1-3 years of strong project implementation work experience. Experience in understanding and executing complex processes, as well as having strong communications skills are required. Ideally a candidate will have a demonstrated capacity for moving projects forward in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Leadership: We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, in or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or initiating a new project.
- Education: Strong undergraduate background at a top Rwandan or international university. Backgrounds in following fields: business, economics, mathematics, or agriculture would be an added advantage.
- Attitude: Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Flexibility: You should be comfortable with ambiguity and quickly learning new skills and subjects.
- Growth: This is a rapid growth role. Demonstrated management and execution in this role would results in increased responsibility. Intended potential to move into a leadership position within 6-12 months, based on performance.
- Other Skills: Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze and communicate data; creativity and strong problem solving skills; expert Microsoft Office skills (especially very strong Excel skills). Strong project planning tool creation experience required. All of these will be tested in the interview process.
- Language: Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda required; French is a bonus.
See the full job description and application details on : https://oneacrefund.formstack.com/forms/rwanda_job_application_form
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.