The Global Design & Implementation Team at Viamo works closely with our partners and Viamo's Country Managers to deliver world-class & socially impactful projects across the world. With a special focus on projects in East Africa, this Team Manager role will deliver value to our clients and end-users through the use of the Viamo software platform to run mobile-based surveys, messaging campaigns, informational hotlines, surveillance systems and interactive media campaigns.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and coach a team of Project Managers.
- Manage project inflow, resource allocation and capacity projections for regional team.
- Ensure successful end-to-end delivery of all projects in your region, including budget management.
- Act as escalation point to handle critical issues in project delivery.
- Advise and collaborate closely with East Africa regional sales team who bring in projects.
- Create and implement processes that will allow us to increase the team’s productivity.
You demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- People leadership and coaching: You can inspire, coach and train your team to improve.
- People management: You can setup the systems to ensure the team always delivers and meets KPIs.
- Project management: You can run a reliable operation that coordinates all the moving parts of many simultaneous multi-step projects.
- Problem-solving: You can identify key factors to project and team success through analytical/quantitative methods as well as conceptual and creative problem-solving.
- Process creation and adherence: You spot inefficiencies or systemic problems with your team and create solutions your staff actually implements.
PASSIONATE & MOTIVATED: You are passionate about the potential for technology to create social change, and believe that access to information leads to better decision-making.
PERSISTENT & CURIOUS: You know the challenges of working in emerging markets and are eager to tackle them. You thrive on learning new skills and are motivated to learn and grow. You are intellectually curious, but also like to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
GROWTH ORIENTED: You want to be a part of building something new and are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can take ownership of your work and be a core part of a global team.
Apply now online: https://viamo.io/vacancies/ with cover letter and CV not later than 31st, May 2018.