Vacancy for Advisor of the Develo PPP for jobs program in Rwanda
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion Energy, and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The "DeveloPPP for jobs" program is a global program funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The program enters into Development Partnership Projects (DPP) with partners from the private sector with the objective of supporting training and employment in Rwanda.
Partners can be Rwandan, African or European companies. The program collaborates with the bilateral program "Partnership for Employment and Support for Small and Medium Enterprises in Rwanda" and relies on proven approaches to promoting employment in developing countries. The position is financed by the "DeveloPPP for jobs" program and is attached to the "Partnership for Employment and Support for Small and Medium Enterprises in Rwanda" programme.
GIZ Rwanda is a searching candidate for the position of Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program in Rwanda. The Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program will be based in Kigali.
Duration: until 31 December 2022
The Advisor of the DeveloPPP for jobs program will be responsible for:
Responsible for all activities of the "DeveloPPP for jobs" program in Rwanda;
In charge of preparation and implementation of development partnership projects (DPP) within the framework of "DeveloPPP for jobs";
Advice on the preparation and implementation of integrated development partnerships with the Private Sector (iDPP) under the "Partnership for Employment and Support for Medium-sized Enterprises in Rwanda" program;
Implementation of the activities in accordance with best practices in the professional field and in development cooperations.
Ensuring that its activities are closely integrated and coordinated with the "Special Initiative Training and Job Creation (SIAB)"
Provision of contributions to reports (regular and ad-hoc), PR materials, requests from GIZ HQ and for the preparation of political and economic delegations
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
Communication and networking
- Close cooperation with the " Special Initiative Training and Job Creation (SIAB) " and liaising and cooperating with other GIZ programs in Rwanda related to private sector cooperation (such as Business Network (GBN) and Eco-Emploi);
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with companies in Rwanda that are interested in cooperating with GIZ in DPPs;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with all other relevant stakeholders;
- Representing the program “DeveloPPP for jobs” at the national level and acting as its speaker; in close cooperation with SIAB;
- Ensuring close communication with the project manager of the "DeveloPPP for jobs" program in Germany;
- Collecting and disseminating relevant information, disseminating program experiences and developing a database on DPPs.
- The regular exchange with SIAB and GBN
Preparation of Development Partnership Projects
- Facilitating the process of investigating the needs of the private sector;
- Participating in the formulation of DPP action plans and facilitating the synchronization between the planning and budgeting system;
- Updating and coordinating planning on an ongoing basis with its counterparts;
- Responsible for the preparation, execution, and documentation of DPPs in collaboration with the project manager of the "DeveloPPP for jobs" program in Germany;
- Advising in the preparation and implementation of integrated development partnership with the Private Sector (DPP) under the DeveloPPP for jobs program and in close cooperation with SIAB
Implementation of DPPs and coordination
- Coordinating, supervising and contributing to the implementation of DPP activities;
- Monitoring and evaluating the achievement of related program indicators; support to regular and ad-hoc reporting; reporting on the progress of DPPs;
- Ensuring communication and public relations, in close cooperation with DeveloPPP for jobs and SIAB;
- identifying demand for national and international consultants, preparing and steering the assignments including quality control of the services and tasks delivered.
Qualifications and Professional experience
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Development, Education or related fields
- At least 5 years' professional experience in a similar position, e. g. as an advisor or in project management
- Proven track record in development cooperation with the private sector as well as in capacity building for MSMEs
- Good project management skills
- Working experience with grant schemes/facilities will be a strong asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
Finely tuned organizational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative, in project management but also at the conceptional level
Able to work under little supervision but at the same time being a real team player
Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Excellent knowledge of English, orally and written
Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 21st November 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com. The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!