Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description– Electrician
1 Position Details
- Position Electrician
- Level Colleague
- Department Facilities
- Reports to Manager, Facilities
- Subordinates None
2 JOB Details& Requirements
Under the general Supervision of Facilities Manager, the electrician works on the maintenance and repair all aspects of electrical network HT/LT and all equipment in accordance with One&Only procedures to ensure the optimum operation of the equipment in any time. Make new installations or modifications with the established codes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous. Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment.
- Participate in regular preventive maintenance program on electrical equipment’s.
- Check all lighting systems installed in guest rooms, offices accommodation etc. and outside lighting.
- Ensures all problems being attended to and solved with respect to electrical equipment and machineries, panels etc. are recorded in log book.
- Maintains cleanliness around the surrounding of his area of responsibility.
- Will perform other duties that are from time to time assigned to him upon emergency.
- Will perform his duties in a manner that brings credit to the department.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skill and diagnosing in all electrical appliance, and control layouts.
- Basic communication skills in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable.
- Must be willing to learn and skilled to perform the job of an Electrician.
- Any job experience in the Hospitality sector and Facilities department in a resort environment (preferable five star) is a valuable addition.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Flexible and positive attitude.
- Confident in interacting with the guests and Colleagues.
3 core values &Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4 Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
- I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
- I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
- I report for work in my department on time daily
- I present a professional and appropriate manner
Response to Supervision
- I demonstrate respect for my superiors
- I respond to supervision positively
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment