We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances, and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centers of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research, and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational, and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centers in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, and Rwanda.
Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government, and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Full Stack Application Developer – HIMAI Project
In this role and reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, AIMS Global Network, you will be an integral part of the development team building our healthcare research application. You will work closely with the AIMS Global Network IT Manager to deliver the completed application on schedule. You will design the backend and frontend architecture of the application. You will design and build intuitive UX/UI. You will build the backend services APIs, and web application. You will build a USSD application. You will build a cross-platform application with Flutter or React Native. You will hunt and fix bugs.
This is a one-year renewable fixed term contract opportunity based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline,
- At least three years of work experience,
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role (unfortunately, this one is not ideal for the first-job sort of person),
- Proven experience with USSD application development,
- Solid experience with front-end frameworks, preferably Vue.js,
- Proven experience with Django [preferably] or other backend frameworks such as Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Sails.js, etc,
- Proven experience building cross-platform applications with Flutter [preferably] or React Native,
- Experience with web and server-side/API development, preferably REST,
- Relational databases experience, preferably Postgres,
- Cloud services experience, preferably AWS,
- Solid experience with version control systems, particularly Git,
- Experience with large data sets and heavy web traffic environments,
- Solid experience with unit testing,
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills,
- A curious, eager to learn & innovative mind,
- The ability & willingness to work autonomously/independently,
- Strong organizational and project management skills,
- Attention to detail,
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
- Fork (as private) and complete the code challenges in this Github gist. You must include the URL to the (private) Github gist with your solutions to the code challenges in the application form.
- Complete the application form at this link.
- Upload your letter of motivation, including salary expectations, and a detailed CV in English, merged as one PDF file, via the application form.
- Include a link to your portfolio in the application form.
- Applications will be accepted until November 2, 2020.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.