Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, is seeking a Strategic Fund Manager for the anticipated DFID-funded ‘Investing in Adolescent Girls in Rwanda’ (IAG-R) programme, an approximately £12 million programme to be implemented over four years as the second phase of the DFID-funded 12+ programme supporting adolescent girls in Rwanda.
The programme will provide up to 200,000 adolescents with the knowledge and capabilities needed to achieve their full potential, make better choices, take advantage of opportunities and better manage risk.
We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Strategic Fund Manager
The Strategic Fund Manager will oversee and ensure the overall management of the Strategic Fund, in coordination with the Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion (MIGEPROF). The Strategic Fund Manager will oversee the administration of funds including monitoring, evaluation, and financial reporting. The Strategic Fund Manager will keep abreast of all relevant donor program activities in the region and ensure that all activities are coordinated appropriately. The Strategic Fund Manager will also ensure funds are administered effectively within required DFID regulations and processes and are timely and accurately managed.
- Manage and monitor grants, including monitoring progress in achieving outputs, milestones, payments, and value for money.
- Work closely with DFID and MIGEPROF to closely monitor the application, selection process, contracting, and management of grants under the Strategic Fund.
- Manage and maintain relationships with grantees under the funds to ensure program objectives are met over time.
- Work closely with the team leader to identify partners, projects and initiatives selected for the Strategic Fund.
- Oversee administrative operations of the Strategic Fund; continually assessing the impacts achieved and value for money of all projects and initiatives undertaken under the fund.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic reports for the client based on established targets and reporting requirements.
- Continue delivering high-quality financial management for the Strategic Fund during implementation with a focus on value for money.
- Continue to monitor and ensure compliance with DFID regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, the laws of Rwanda, and any supplemental policies developed specifically for the project.
- Directly supervise and provide regular and constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in business, economics or related subject preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategic funds/development funds/grants management with increasing responsibility in the international donor program environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of challenge funds/development funds/grants policies, systems, procedures, cost structures, accounting, and financial tracking and reporting, and grantee management programs.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluating the impact of a grants program to inform overall program initiatives and direction
- Strong financial management skills including analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Rwanda, as required
- Fluency in English
Please apply by clicking the link here:
Please contact IAGRrecruit@chemonics.com if you experience any issues. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and finalists will be contacted for an interview.