2 BPN Business Coaches
Help us shape the future of Rwanda.
BPN stands for Business Professionals Network: http://www.bpn.rw. It is a Swiss non-profit organization that strives to support the development of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), in order to create jobs and fight poverty. BPN provides Training and Coaching services as well as Equipment Loans to SMEs so they can grow their businesses sustainably.
Our employees are people with a passion for serving others. Join our devoted team!
The BPN Business Coaches accompany Entrepreneurs on their growth Journey.
The journey starts with thoroughly understanding the actual status of the Business and helping the entrepreneur prepare a Five years strategic expansion/growth plan. It continues with mentoring the entrepreneur during the implementation of his expansion/growth plan.
We are looking for a charismatic, strong personality with people management experience, who is familiar with doing business in Rwanda, and who has the ability to assess entrepreneurs’ potential of growth while exercising a serving attitude.
- Identifying, recruiting, and selecting potential SMEs for the program.
- Working closely with BPN Entrepreneurs mainly in the manufacturing, processing, production, tourism, service industry, etc.
- Introducing Business Principles to Entrepreneurs using BPN’s Business Academy material
- Helping BPN Entrepreneurs convert their ideas into executable Business cases
- Being a mentor on strategy, finance, marketing, sales, personal development, and others.
- Running Business Plan and Bookkeeping workshops
- Offering additional Workshops on demand
- Doing Publication on topics related to entrepreneurship
- General administration tasks as assigned
- A University degree or an equivalent of a four-year college certificate with a major in Economics, Finance, and Management. Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (excellent writing and oral skills)
- Additional language skills would be a plus.
Professional Experience skills
- 3 – 5 years related experience working with Entrepreneurs
At BPN we expect every employee to proactively practice, nurture and strengthen the following key aspects of his or her working attitude:
- Having a learning attitude, to be the driver of your own development process
- Being self-motivated and pro-active
- Take full responsibility for your actions and their consequences
- Strive to perform and deliver beyond strict job content
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in Managing a Business or business coaching
- International exposure: at least 2 years studying or working in a country other than
Rwanda or 2 years of working with an international organization.
- Ability to perform the technical SME Advisory work including a selection of potential entrepreneurs, training, and coaching.
- Usage of modern Business communication tools including letter styles and formats, memoranda, minutes, and reports in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and deliver results
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Ability to interact with clients and partners with a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Good knowledge of Rwanda
- Passion to serve others
- Firm in decision making
- Good listener
- Team player
- Strongly objective and result-oriented
- Disciplined, diligent, and well structured
- High standards of quality (order, punctuality, representative attitude)
- High self-motivation, structured, independent working style with high attention to details
- Reliable and efficient in working under pressure
- Enthusiasm for social responsibilities
- Has a vision and a heart for Rwanda
People working with or who have worked for banks, micro finances, business development services are encouraged to apply.
Place of work
- Kacyiru, Kigali
- Readiness to travel across the country
Please note that due to high demand; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Candidates with the above requirements are requested to submit their CVs, Application letter indicating why they are the best fit for the position, relevant certificates/ degree, and 3 professional references by using the" Apply for this job" button below before the 1st March 2021.