Academic Support Coordinator
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Tree Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
We are seeking an Academic Support Coordinator (ASC) who should be an experienced administration professional to join a world-class team of educators and researchers at RICA. The Academic Support Coordinator assesses students' academic needs and proficiency, assists them in setting goals, connects them to appropriate resources, and provides ongoing support as needed. He/she coordinates with faculty and staff to provide and support innovative programs that help students succeed. The ASC will work with students to ensure they make a successful transition to RICA by understanding and fulfilling requirements towards graduation. The ASC will work closely with the Academic Registrar and in collaboration with students and the RICA Career Placements Office will develop strategies to foster academic growth, personal development and career readiness.
- Ensure that requisite administration and support services are provided to students and academic staff.
- Work with students to ensure they achieve academic success by developing and pursuing educational and career goals. The ASC will inform, support, and encourage students to become self-directed in their education at RICA.
- Work with students, faculty and tutorial assistants to ensure students with academic difficulties are identified and supported in a timely manner
- Ensure students receive appropriate and consistent advice and guidance on RICA academic regulations and policy.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are kept up to date with any academic changes, as appropriate.
- Support the effective delivery of all assessment procedures in accordance with institutional regulations as required. This includes the coordination of examinations, timely recording, and dissemination of results and term assignment feedback.
- Help invigilators with room set up for examinations and invigilate examinations when required
- Assist in the induction and orientation of students
- Process essential academic support and archive related documentation in collaboration with the Academic Registrar
- Confidentially manage student records including applications for special consideration and extensions.
- The ASC job title does not define or limit related duties and responsibilities and the individual may be required to carry out other work within their abilities from time to time at the request of the line supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, administration, or similar qualifications.
- Working experience in a higher education setting
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of at least 3 three years in academic affairs management
- Knowledge and experience in conducting assessments, coordinating complex work environment and teaching
- Ability to prioritize a busy workload to meet deadlines and targets
- Knowledge of the relevant university legislation, policies procedures, and systems.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE RICA TEAM
Founding staff at RICA will be part of creating something unique in the world. While working with other world-class educators and researchers, you will transform agriculture in Rwanda and East Africa for a conservation-minded and food-secure future. RICA staff will enjoy an internationally competitive salary commensurate with the applicant’s background.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit the following documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the reference number for this position (Ref: 112200) in the subject line of the email.
- Cover Letter summarizing intent and suitability for the position.
- A resume or CV.
- Official degree certificate for highest degree obtained.
- List of recommenders with contact information.
Applications are open until the position is filled.
Website https://www.rica.rw /
Date: May 29, 2019