Job title: Accountant
Department : Finance & administration
Job Reports to Managing Director
Job Supervises: A team of 4 Staff
WMT Limited is a private limited company whose offices are located at CHIC, Kigali Rwanda. Since 2015, WMT Limited has been offering Money Transfer services connecting Rwanda to the rest of the world. The company is keen to aggressively expand its customer base, in order to grow its revenues in operating in a cashless environment. In this perspective, WMT Limited through CiMg & Associates (www.cimg.co.rw) is looking for talented people to fill the position of Accountant.
Main Purpose of the Job
- The Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position is responsible for keeping accounting books, in full compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The Accountant addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- As part of the Management Team, the Accountant will have contact with the firm’s Managing Director
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly payroll for employees; review and ensure the accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Ensures that the company operates at minimum costs
- To ensure supply of all material and equipment for better functioning of the company
- Conducting HR operations and Handling personnel related issues
Job description Accountant
- Day to day financial administration of the accounts department
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting both internally and externally.
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using Financial Management System
- Reconciling monthly payment service, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Maintain updated accounts of correspondent partners for payment services and ensure regular reconciliation for payment service between the firm and its partners
- Managing Revenues and expenditures.
- Maintaining company archive and administrative files.
- Conducting HR operations and Handling personnel related financial concerns.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Maintaining registers for all assets of the Firm
- Control of all the accounting documents
- Effective cash flow management in line with the budget
- Carry out daily control of receipts at teller and post to the system
- Ensure daily control of cash vault and coordinate daily banking operations
- Preparation and submission of tax declarations in respect to PAYE, RSSB, Maternity Leave, Withholding Taxes, VAT, District Taxes, CIT, IQP, and any other levies that may be imposed to the company.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the implementation of both financial and non- financial systems of internal control
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions. Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of two years of experience in accounting with extensive ability in multi-currency and branch accounting.
- Fluent in all English, French, and Kinyarwanda is desirable; knowledge of Swahili being an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independent worker that demonstrates good judgment and analytical abilities and has experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage a team
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work with QuickBooks Accountant, MS Excel, Word, and internet-based platforms
- A liking for detailed work requiring attention and diligence
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills,
- Excellent organizational skills
How to apply
Please submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in the mission/values/activities of WMT Limited and why you are qualified for this position. In the e-mail subject line please write “Accountant-WMT Limited.” Send your Application in One zipped file, including a notarized copy of the academic document, and other testimonials.
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls are allowed, please