Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks an Accountant for the USAID-funded Duteze Imbere Ubutabera Activity in Rwanda. The project aims to increase access to justice and enhance the rule of law in Rwanda. The project will focus on improving judicial effectiveness in both formal court mechanisms and community justice, as well as, work closely to improve public understanding of judicial system processes and legal rights throughout the 30 districts in Rwanda. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Perform accurate, complete and timely financial reporting, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission to the Home Office (HO).
- Prepare and/or review ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed. Monitor preparation and perform analysis of financial reports relative to budget and monthly forecasting.
- Support monthly submission of wire transfer request to the HO.
- Review the internal Financial control systems to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established USAID and Chemonics financial and accounting procedures.
- Review and ensure proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payment/reimbursement requests for employees/suppliers/vendors.
- Plan, perform and supervise internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations and reconciliation of petty cash and fund report at time of replenishment.
- Review submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) by PayNet and corresponding reports 0/AT reports) to relevant parties.
- Review payroll and ensure allocation of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits
- Serve as a resource person for technical and finance staff on Chemonics and USAID policies, procedures and regulations
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Project Management Unit (PMU) and Field Accounting and Compliance Team (FACT) in Washington for all matters related to project finance.
- interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other relevant degree required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in an accounting role in the private sector, large NGO or development consulting firm.
- Two years of experience in a USAID program preferred, supporting the administration of grants, subcontracts, and/or procurements.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Fluent English
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV, cover letter, and contact information by February 25, 201-98 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. More information about Chemonics International can be found at www.chemonics.com.