TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITING AN ACCOUNTANT FOR THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS RWANDA
The Institution of Engineers Rwanda (IER) was established as a Professional Regulatory Body by Law no. 26/2012 of 29th June 2012 to regulate and guide the activities of all those practicing Engineering Profession in the Country to ensure that engineering services delivered conform to and are in compliance with established engineering standards of service delivery and best practices. The Institution also has a mandate of enhancing technical capacities and professional competencies of its members to enable them to become more competent and competitive in the National, Regional and International engineering job markets.
Considering the volume of its operations, administrative procedures and recommended best practices for sound financial management and a reliable reporting system, the Institution of Engineers Rwanda has decided to allocate a part of its resources to recruit an Accountant to maintain an accounting system for the Institution of Engineers Rwanda.
It’s in this context that Institution of Engineers Rwanda has considered to recruit an experienced Accountant to maintain an accounting system for the Institution.
2. Scope of work for the accountant
- The Accountant will work on the data entry of transactions into Quickbooks accounting software according to the chart of accounts (receivables, payables, bank/cash, non-current assets, other liabilities).
- Maintenance and filing of source documents (receipts, invoices, payment vouchers, cheque book stubs, pay in slips) for easy referencing with records in Quickbooks.
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations; ensuring that the content of bank reconciliations is accurate and there are no unexplained balances kept.
- Ensuring that, and as per the prescribed timetable, monthly and quarterly financial reports are prepared and submitted in the prescribed format.
- Monthly updates of cash flow statements and forecasts
- Management of Account receivables (from members’ subscriptions and revenue from other services) and follow up.
- Management of Accounts payables (for suppliers of goods and services)
- Preparation of payroll
- Ensuring that ALL statutory returns, filing, and payments are adhered to as per statutory guidelines (RSSB declarations, RRA declarations).
- Internal Audit function by monitoring the application of policy and procedures, other control systems are in place within the organization and putting in place corrective action plans.
- Ensure presentation of accurate and timely reports as requested such as Trial Balance, statements of income and expenditure, statement of financial position and statement of cash flows
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Coordinating and facilitating Internal and External audits
- Advice Management timely on matters related to finances and new tax regimes
- Any other duties as may be assigned to by management from time to time.
3. Expected deliverables.
The accountant will ensure that proper accounting systems and procedures are well maintained in the Institution of Engineers Rwanda and will be able to generate financial reports using the QuickBooks accounting software.
4. Duration of Work for the Accountant
The accountant will work on a three (3) months’ probation period after which an evaluation will be conducted to ascertain if a permanent contract can be entered into between the engaged Accountant and the Institution.
5. Qualifications and Experience of the accountant
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
- Partly or full certification in ACCA, CPA or CA (enclose notarized certificates)
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (enclose notarized Degree Certificates)
- Expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Be creative and punctual in the delivery of assignments
- Possess leadership skills to be able to impart skills/knowledge to others in a learning environment
- Be able to communicate well with IER members
6. Other Competencies:
- The accountant should provide concrete evidence of previous experiences in similar assignments;
- The accountant shall be able to meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language are crucial.
7. Selection procedures.
Interested Accountants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. An Accountant with demonstrated experience and good track record will be selected.
8. Deadline Date and Time for submission of offers
Fully sealed envelopes for applications should be delivered to the address below not later than 1st April 2019 at 17:00hrs local time.
9. Submission Address
Institution of Engineers Rwanda
3rd Floor Nobiscum House (Equity Bank Building, Remera Branch), Remera Sector.
Gasabo District-Kigali City
Dated, this 5th day of March 2019.
Eng. Kazawadi Papias Dedeki
Chairman Governing Council
Institution of Engineers Rwanda