UNICAF, the leading online platform in sub-Saharan Africa offering quality higher education degree programmes in collaboration with UK, US, African and European universities, is growing and looking for an Accountant in Kigali, Rwanda.
The prospective candidate should be able to perform payroll calculations (determine the social insurance to be deducted from the salary of the employee and contributed by the company and the income tax to be paid by the employee) and to be able to process and submit the VAT forms, the social insurance and the payroll tax forms. Also, the candidate should be able to process and submit any other government / tax / social insurance form might exist (if any). Office administration duties will be part of the day to day duties and responsibilities. The candidate needs to be an accountant as we expect (in the future) to give to the candidate the responsibility of maintaining the company's accounting records. This means to process accounting entries on a day to day basis (supplier invoices, bank payments, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Payroll calculation (Social insurance, payroll tax)
- Submit VAT, Social Insurance, payroll tax, and other forms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent communication in English and French
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Communication skills, result oriented and team player
- Knowledge of local laws (VAT, Taxation, Employment)
- Knowledge of computerised accounting systems is considered an advantage
To apply, please submit your application, stating the position you are applying for, with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2nd May 2019.