University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
Position Title: Accountant
Reports to: Accounting and Reporting Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Accountant is a member of the UGHE growing Finance Team who is directly responsible for recording transactions in the accounting system and supports the reporting, accounts receivable, fixed assets and inventory management.
Transaction recording and reporting
- Record transactions in the accounting system and ensure accuracy and completeness of relevant documentation.
- Assists the Accounting and Reporting Manager in the preparation of financial information related to the accounts for specific periods.
- Support the Accounting and Reporting Manager to prepare different reports
- Performs related duties as required.
Supporting the accounts receivable
- Prepare and upload students monthly invoices based on the signed student’s payment plans.
- Generate and disseminate monthly aging reports.
- Provide Monthly reports of students’ status and enforce financial policies included in the student’s handbook
- Respond to all queries from students to Finance by seeking guidance and decision making where necessary.
- Prepare cost estimates and invoices for executive education and research.
- Track payments and issue receipts for students and all executive courses delivered by UGHE.
Fixed assets and Inventory management
- Ensure UGHE that fixed assets and inventories are recorded and managed in accordance with policies and procedures
- Coordinate the asset tagging system for all UGHE assets and periodic stock take for all UGHE stock items and report variances
- At least 3 years of experience in finance or accounting required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required
- Experience with accounting software such as Microsoft is highly preferred
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) preferred
- Demonstrated strength in relevant computer software including Excel
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Kinyarwanda preferred
- Commitment to Global Health and social justice
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FoKTkgfwX
The deadline: 22nd August 2021