The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) is a pan-African non-governmental organization founded in 1992 by five women ministers of education to promote girls' and women's education in sub-Saharan Africa- in line with Education for All- by making sure girls and women have access to schools and are able to complete their studies and fulfill their dreams. With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, FAWE has a network of 34 National Chapters in 33 countries.
Established in 1997, FAWE Rwanda Chapter aims to build a world in which gender disparities in education are eliminated and all Rwandese girls access education, perform well and complete their studies. It promotes gender equity and equality in education in Rwanda by fostering positive policies, practices, and attitudes towards girls’ education. This is done through increasing access and retention as well as improves the quality of education for all girls within the school system and for women in universities.
FAWE Rwanda interventions have mainly focused on changing the prevailing attitudes and mindsets regarding girls’ education to ensure gender equity and equality in education especially with regards to increasing girls’ access to basic education. Specific interventions spanned from influencing education policies and laws to ensure they are gender sensitive, teachers training in gender-responsive pedagogy in schools, empowering girls through TUSEME clubs where they are also taught life skills and through various advocacy and awareness-raising activities at the national and community levels.
FAWE Rwanda is seeking to recruit an experienced Accountant Assistant who has integrity and is results-oriented.
Job Title: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Reports to: Accountant
Responsible for: None.
Job Purpose: To perform routine basic accounting processes in accordance with the set Standards accounting procedures.
Key Result Areas:
The incumbent will be charged with:
- Ensuring proper custody of accounting records and documents;
- Regularly updating books of accounts including the cashbook and the ledger;
- Receiving revenue and cash payments and issuing receipts;
- Banking collected revenue and preparing reconciliation statements;
- Assisting in preparation of final accounts of the council;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
- Participating in departmental planning and budgeting;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time, in line with the post.
- A Diploma (A1) in accounting or finance, or Business studies; from a recognized institution;
- A pre-professional accounting qualification (ATC, CAT), awarded from a recognized institutional and accredited by the Institute of Public Accountants (ICPA).
At least 3 years working in a similar position in a reputable organization
- Confidentiality and Ethical behavior
- Knowledge of computer packages (including Excel, Access, Lotus)
- Interpersonal relations
- Time consciousness
How to apply:
If interested in the above-mentioned position, submit your application to FAWE RWANDA Office located at REB premises at Kimironko not later than 28th May 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Please indicate in the subject line: “ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT” with the following attachments:
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic credentials
- Copies of Service certificates
Dr. Kathy Kantengwa