Kigali, April 15, 2020
RE: RECRUITMENT OF AN ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT
Haguruka is a Rwandan non-governmental organization (NGO) registered under Rwandan law. HAGURUKA NGO works towards ensuring that women can claim their rights by empowering them and improving access to justice across the country. Haguruka NGO was founded in 1991 and has since then been at the forefront of the fight for women's and children's rights. Haguruka means 'stand up' in Kinyarwanda - stand up for the rights of women and children.
The basis of our work towards combatting gender-based violence (GBV) and promoting gender equality is the national and international framework of Human Rights. We analyze the root causes of inequality and injustice women and children are facing in Rwanda. We advocate for positive change, a life free from gender-based violence and a society where women and children can claim and enjoy their rights.
A society where the rights of women and children are respected; where women and children live free from violence and discrimination so that they can reach their full potential.
We promote and defend the rights of women and children.
Key areas of intervention
- Legal aid and psychosocial counseling
We provide a safe and confidential space where citizens are listened to and given legal support by our lawyers and counselors in our regional offices covering all provinces and Kigali city.
- Awareness-raising activities and social mobilization
We raise awareness of gender-based violence and Human Rights through a community-based approach. We do this by informing women and girls about their rights.
- Capacity development of partners and stakeholders
We provide training on GBV, GBV laws, women's and children's rights, land rights, and succession laws to local authorities, key persons in the communities, paralegals as well as citizens.
Haguruka NGO carries out evidence-based research to identify gaps in the laws and policies that require legal reform. The goal is to have laws that can best protect and promote the rights of women and girls.
We work with policymakers, government institutions and civil society organizations to advocate for the making and practical implementation of laws that protect women and children.
With the headquarter located at KIMIRONKO, KIGALI Rwanda, HAGURUKA NGO has 4 regional Centers in four Provinces such as NYAMASHEKE Center, MUSANZE Center, NYANZA Center, and KAYONZA Center.
HAGURUKA NGO is seeking to recruit an experienced Accountant Assistant who has integrity and is results-oriented.
Contract type: Full time
Contract duration: Fixed-term
Deadline: 15 June 2020
Note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with the position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities, and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior
Job Title: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Reports to: Accountant
Responsible for: Direct Supervisor.
Job Purpose: To perform routine basic accounting processes in accordance with the set Standards accounting procedures.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring proper custody of accounting records and documents (Proformas, Contract, Invoice, delivery note, good received notes ……) and record them in the register;
- Regularly updating books of accounts including the cashbook and the ledger using accounting software (QuickBooks) using the correct budget line and generate reports (Excel);
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements in both QuickBooks and Excel;
- Ensure proper filing and management of the record and books of accounts that were used in the expenditure and bank reconciliation and respect all accounts procedures;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
- Participating in departmental planning and budgeting;
- Knowledge of using EBM (Electronic Billing Machine), preparation of payroll and payment of taxes in accordance with Laws;
- Maintain new assets of the company in Assets Register and verify that all assets are tagged as well as in good condition;
- Month ending physical stock counts;
- Prepare asset and liability entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Capability to establish and maintain an organization’s budget execution reports;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time, in line with the post.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance with one-year’ Experience working with a recognized institutional, or
- Diploma in Business studies plus at least three years of relevant work experience in Finance or
- Professional qualification Certificate such as ACCA, CPA plus at least three years’ work experience in Accounting/Finance in an NGO environment.
- Confidentiality and Ethical behavior
- Knowledge of computer packages (including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and QuickBooks)
- Teamwork Interpersonal relations
- Time consciousness
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent written
- Oral communication skills
- Training ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and research skills
CV resume and application letter should be sent to Haguruka Executive Secretary at Haguruka’s offices located at Kimironko, KG11, AV 95 PO BOX 3030 Kigali-Rwanda or Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done on, 15th April 2020
National Executive Secretary