Job in Rwanda (J.i.R Ltd) is advertising on behalf of its client. A company in the Rwandan automobile industry
Position: Accounts Assistant
Only open for Rwandan Nationals
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and real-time financial records
- To make accounting and financial reports
- Record financial transactions into the system
- Maintain the integrity, completeness and correctness of the general ledger and other accounting records
- Maintain the integrity, completeness and correctness of the debtor’s and creditor’s ledgers
- Ensure the company complies with applicable tax laws with the aim of minimizing penalties associated with non-compliance
- Ensure company complies with internal policies
- Ensure effective communication channels are fostered between the department, other departments, suppliers, customers, bankers, auditors and all other stakeholders
- Daily/weekly financial reports
- Management of petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and ensuring debtors pay on time.
- Reconciliation of direct debits and finance accounts.
- To process and oversee the work of financial transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivables, vouchers, etc., by thoroughly checking and correcting the accounting and other relevant financial records
- To provide support in preparing the financial reports in the accounting and finance system as per the instructions received from the finance manager and Deputy Managing Director
- To apply the basic accounting principles, knowledge, and techniques to analyze the variances, assist in production of journals, and perform routine accounting activities
- Daily cash and bank reconciliations
- Provide accurate, reliable and timely financial accounts in order to support business decisions and company activities
- Make all necessary statutory declarations and payments within expected deadlines
- Prepare the trial balance file
- Preparing all financial records for periodic audit
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Accounting certification (CPA, ACCA – Minimum level 2)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounts
- Working within a multinational organization with fast paced requirements.
- Business acumen/commercial knowledge
- Working with advanced Business ERP’s
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills (Advanced Microsoft Excel)
- Financial understanding
How to Apply
Candidates matching the requirements are invited to apply using the “Apply for this job” button below before the 04th April, 2019.