Accounts Assistant - 1 post
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant for our Kigali, Rwanda office.
Reports to: Financial Controller
- Be honest, highly organized, responsible, self-motivated and able to take initiative under minimum supervision
- Strong time management skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Process reimbursement forms.
- Management of petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and ensuring debtors pay on time.
- Receipting payments from customers.
- Ensuring all payments amounts & records are accurate.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Make cash deposits, withdraws and collect bank statements.
- Issue invoices to customers and reconcile invoices to identify discrepancies.
- Ensure proper asset and inventory management in line with laid down procedures.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Prepare and Process payments to staff and suppliers.
- Tracking staff advances and loans and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Help to ensure that staff follows all financial policies, procedures, and regulation.
- Process tax and other statutory payments (e.g. PAYE, Pension and withholding taxes).
- Compile and prepare routine reports and summaries.
- Ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy in all accounting documents.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all financial data
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognized (Accredited) University
- At least 3 years experience in a similar field.
An attractive package will be offered to successful candidates, commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed CV with names and addresses of at least 3 traceable referees by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org not later September 12nd,2019.