Career Opportunities: Administration Assistant G5 (86823)
Requisition # 86823 - Posted 08/08/2018 - Fixed Term - Africa, Central & Eastern - Rwanda - Kigali - Working Job Language (2) - ADMINISTRATION
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the National Administration Officer, the incombent will perform the following duties:
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A university degree in management, business administration, law, economics, secretary or any related fields.
Language: Fluency in both written and oral communication in French and English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least five years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, logistics, accounting/finance and law.
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply