Administrative Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
Title: Administrative Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor
Reports to: Senior Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor
Location: Kigali and Butaro,
Role Purpose: To support the Vice Chancellor’s office and the Special Events and Convening's team in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Assist the Senior Executive Assistant to monitor and track documents, projects, and tasks, ensuring attention to time-sensitive issues and longer-term initiatives, providing background information when needed
- File properly with and up-to-date records all documents and correspondences of the Vice-Chancellor office
- Assist in compiling and completing expense reports
- Organize logistics with high-level meetings internally
- Work very closely with the Senior Executive Assistant and the Special Events and Convening's team
Special Events and Convening:
- Assist with Special Events & Convening team in initial event preparations (creating planning document and committees, identifying tasks, setting meetings, etc.)
- Assist in vendors’ identification and the selection and follow up with them for the provision of services or goods, up until payment,
- Follow up with all event logistics including but not limited to booking of venue, accommodation, flights, in-country transport, invitations, meals, etc.
- Ensure that participants are able to connect to remote meetings and troubleshoot if needed
- Organize meetings, take minutes and share minutes with all the members
- Prepare thorough briefings and background documents for meetings when needed, including minutes
- Organize internal and external meetings and for visitors and meetings
- Monitor and track tasks, ensuring attention to time-sensitive issues
- Provide other general administrative support as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in providing administrative services;
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, education, communications or related field from a recognized institution
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive
- Intermediate experience in processing financial transactions.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners, and clients;
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment;
- Passion for social justice and desire to contribute to global health education;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and organizations; and,
- Fast learner of the institution's programs and offers.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high-quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae and (2) a cover letter.
Please upload your cover letter and CV and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.