WHO WE ARE
GET IT is a virtual store and a first-of-it’s kind company in Africa. GET IT is transforming food procurement and distribution in East Africa by connecting frontier-market farmers, producers, and manufactures to formal markets. Combining off-grid cold storage technology and ISO-22000 food safety certification, GET IT is bringing East Africa's food supply chain into the 21st century.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Administrative & HR Coordinator Job Description
- Supervising day-to-day operations of the administrative department
- Work with HR Lead to hire (when necessary) for the administration staff
- Develop, review and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensure office supplies are stocked, well maintained and properly managed
- Plan, schedule and promote office events including but not limited to meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations and training sessions as guided by the HR Lead
- Collect, Organize, store HR and administrative information using computers and filing systems
- Maintain a positive working relationship internally, with contractors and vendors and make sure any contract work is done to budget
- Assist newly arrived staff with administrative formalities this includes but not limited to travel and hotel reservations, apartments, etc.
- Assist the HR Lead in the day-to-day operations of the HR department
- Receive all applications forms and letters i.e. annual leave forms, salary advance request, etc. before submission to HR Lead for approval ensure they are accurate.
- Support in the creation and distribution of documents
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit administrative vendors
- Maintain all HR systems by updating and entering data as directed by the HR Lead
- Update on a daily basis staff attendance
- Compile monthly reports and spreadsheets for the HR Lead this includes but not limited to Attendance, Annual leave, Overtime, etc and send them in a timely manner
- Assist in the recruitment process: Posting job ads, organizing resumes and job applications, Schedule job interviews and filing interview records as directed by the HR Lead
- Ensure background and reference checks of employees are completed as directed by the HR Lead
- Prepare new employee files and ensure all required documents have been submitted by the employee
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Conducting the benefit enrollment process
- Administering new employment assessments
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
- Orienting new employees to the organization (workstation, administrative procedures, setting up a designated log-in, etc.
- Support in keeping and maintaining the staff database up to date by scanning all documents and managing both soft and hard copy staff files.
- Update and maintain employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained and recommending any corrective action
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations as directed by the HR Lead
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews
- Follow up with staff Health Insurance cases.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed within the scope of this role
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
GET IT is looking for high-energy Administrative & HR Coordinator that is creative, lead-generating techniques, the drive to exceed and follow through with tasks.
- Terrific interpersonal skills
- Fearless and confident in working with people
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda skills. French will be an added value
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and great time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GoogleDocs, and etc....
- Advanced skills with smartphones
- Experience managing a team
- Experienced at proactively solving problems with a flexible thinking
- Ability to absorb and implement new information
- Education: Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or a related discipline along with deep knowledge of Rwanda labour law
- He/She must be familiar with the regulations and market practice of Rwanda. Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the law regulating labour in Rwanda.
- Job experience: Minimum 3 years of previous relevant work experience
To apply for this position: send the application letter, academic credentials and CV with three referees: in a Single PDF document by completing very carefully the following application form not later than Friday, October 25, 2019, at 3 pm
GET IT is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, age or other category protected by law.
Following the application, requirements are highly considered in our selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.