APIE Administrative Officer
A Partner in Education (APIE) is a UK-registered charity operating in Rwanda, working to develop and share a model of quality, inclusive education. At the heart of our work is our pilot project, Umubano Primary School (UPS), where we have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Officer to join our vibrant and friendly team and help us deliver our vision of quality education for all.
As our Administrative Officer, you will be supporting APIE to implement a rewarding new programme funded by the UK Government: the Enhancing Quality Instruction for the Pre-primary project (EQUIP); which aims to Improve Early Childhood Education by developing the professional skills of pre-primary teachers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Translating documents from English into Kinyarwanda or vice versa
- Attending regular field visits across three rural districts
- Co-facilitating focus groups and training
- Interpreting between APIE and stakeholders (English to Kinyarwanda or vice versa)
- Carrying out data collection activities
- Monitoring online course forums and communicating with participants
- Minute taking of meetings
- Keeping records and databases up to date
- Administrative tasks, including but not limited to: finance, logistics, report writing, and ICT
Location, Salary, and Benefits:
You will be based at APIE Rwanda’s office at Umubano School, Kabeza, Kicukiro. The role is full-time, Monday-Friday 07:30-17:00. You may occasionally need to stay for additional hours during field visits. Reporting will be done regularly to the Executive Director in Rwanda.
The salary is 450,000 Rwf gross per month. Benefits include Health Insurance, plus daily lunch and refreshments.
What we need from you (essential):
- Bachelors Degree level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. Business Administration, Finance, Education or Social Sciences
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education and Competence Based Curriculum in Rwanda
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
- ICT skills including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and analytic skills
- Ability to translate documents and interpret information accurately
What we’d like from you (desirable):
- Experience working in an Early Childhood Education setting in Rwanda
- Ability to speak French
- Experience using Data collection tools
- Experience in working with people who have Special Educational Needs
- Financial Management skills
For more information and to apply for this role please email your CV, including the details of 2 references, and a cover letter to Amy Barnecutt, the APIE Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on the 4th January 2019.