Re-advertisement of Vacancy for Advisor in Cooperative Business
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
The program ‘Promotion of Economy and Employment’ (EcoEmploi) is part of the priority area ‘Sustainable Economic Development’ of the Rwandan-German Development Cooperation. With the objective, that ‘selected public and private actors have implemented employment-generating measures’ and therewith contributing significantly to job generation in Rwanda, the program is based on an integrated approach of Private Sector Development, TVET/Skills Development and Labour Market interventions in the selected economic sectors ICT, Wood, Tourism, E-Commerce and Creative Industries.
GIZ Rwanda is searching a candidate for the position of Advisor in Cooperative Business for Promotion of Economy and Employment program to offer business advisory services to the wood cooperatives located in 3 Integrated Craft Production Centers (Muhanga, Karongi and Nyamata). The Business Advisor will be based in Kigali Eco-emploi office with several travels countryside and he/ She will report to wood economy Expert and the Principal Technical Advisor
- Organisational development and Capacity building of wood cooperatives.
- Sustain Business Development Services in integrated crafts centres (ICPCs).
- Coordinate interventions to upgrade wood cooperatives performance: wood processing know-how, access to market, procurement procedures, tender participation etc.
- Coordinate activities to support Made in Rwanda initiative in wood sector.
The Advisor position comprise of the following tasks:
- Conducting a comprehensive quick need assessment to identify priorities or problems relevant to the cooperatives business performance on the local market.
- Facilitating and accompany peer-to-peer business advisory with carpenters and joiners within the cooperatives.
- Supporting cooperatives to apply good governance and to ensure a good accounting and Financial management.
- Identifying and link BDS providors with cooperative members.
- Supporting the cooperatives within ICPCs to comply with adopted ICPC management model
- Coordinating further trainings and study tours organized by the program within ICPCs.
- Promoting the cooperation and collaboration between wood cooperatives and TVET schools that have carpentry/joinery in their curricula.
- Providing guidance and assistance the cooperatives to prepare technical offers for tenders and participate in public tenders.
- Advising cooperatives on purchase good quality timber and on the proper management of the stock.
- Promoting ICPCs/ cooperatives image through the organisation of events such as : open day of the or other events to attract more people.
- Facilitating the cooperatives to improve communication strategy with partners and clients.
- Encouraging cooperatives to become member of relevant wood associations.
C. Required qualifications
- Bachelor`s Degree in cooperative management, Business administration or other business related degree;
- Further trainings in the area of business development services or cooperative management are a plus.
- At least 8 years of professional experience, of which 4 years in a comparable position and proven work experience in Private Sector Development and cooperative management.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of the wood Economy,
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and communication skills,
- Results oriented, flexible and problem-solving skills
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda, and preferably French
How to apply:
Please send your application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until latest 18th June 2018 at 4:00 p.m., by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email attachment should be in one PDF file and may not fill more than 2MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.
Women and people with disability are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
41, KN St 17
P.O Box 59
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!