Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description & Specification – Agent, Front Office
1 POSITION Details
- Position Agent, Front Office
- Level Colleague
- Department Front Office
- Reports to Front Office Manager, Front Office Team Leader
- Subordinates None
2 JOB Details & Requirements
To provide reception services to all guests, and to efficiently respond to requests and concerns raised by internal and external guests. Duties include the smooth operation of check-in and check-out procedures, accurate cashiering transactions and delivery of personalised and professional service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to all rules, procedures and policies of the Resort, in accordance to the guidance and communication stipulated by the Team Leader.
- Attend duty on a timely manner, with accurate adherence to uniform and grooming standards.
- Attend daily briefing conducted by the Front Office Team Leader/Assistant Manager/Manager.
- Handle all office or duty related equipment in order to accordingly perform needed procedures.
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area and workspace.
- Allocate and fill out all registration and departure cards in the designated files.
- During night shifts, assistance to be provided for carry-through of PMS night audit procedures, preparation of all operational reports and delivery to management.
- Accurate handover of essential information to the next shift.
- Able to fully navigate the Resort PMS system, and handle check-in and check-out procedures in accordance with standards and time constraints.
- Issuance of keys in adherence to all security measures and procedures in order to assure guests and Colleagues safety.
- Be fully trained on walk-in reservations, DCC system, and up-selling procedures to ensure Resort revenue maximises and guests are satisfied.
- Carry out guests’ check-in, check-out and requests as per Resort standards.
- Be fully trained on checking high balance and traces report.
- Be fully trained on using downtime report.
- Be fully trained on closing City Ledger, rebates and all finance-related reports.
- Assist guests in all their needs throughout their stay and ensure all guests are assisted in a warm and personalised manner as per Resort standards.
- When applicable, assist guests with luggage transport upon arrival and departure.
- Communicate any guest requests or reservations to the call center for follow-up and communication is given back to the guest.
- Have full knowledge of special promotions, events and Resort activities at all times and have basic concierge knowledge of local sites and destinations.
- Deal with currency exchange and transactions according to Resort policies and procedures.
- Ensure all daily revenue transactions according to Resort policies and procedures.
- Be trained on respective tasks and duties in the case of life and safety, fire or other emergency procedures.
- Attend departmental training sessions as requested.
- Assist with other departmental job related tasks when requested.
- Ensure guest information is kept confidential at all the time as per Resort standards.
- Communicate correctly and efficiently with other guest services departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Have full knowledge of all Resort accommodation types, additional preferences available on request, and rates related to the respective accommodation type.
- Contributes in achieving departmental goals.
- Maintain Quality documentation.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable.
- Must be willing to learn and skilled to perform the job of a Front Office Agent.
- Any job experience in the Hospitality sector and Front Office department in a resort environment (preferable five star) is a valuable addition.
- Ability to lift heavy objects to complete duties and guest requests.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to have strong guest-oriented services and communication skills.
3 CORE VAlues & Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4 FUNCTIONAL competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
- I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
- I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
- I report for work in my department on time daily
Response to Supervision
- I demonstrate respect for my leaders
- I respond to supervision positively
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment