The role holder will collaborate with senior design staff to provide high-quality design solutions in all aspects of a project from initial concepts through construction documentation. Multi-industry experience is especially desirable.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of the project design against time, cost, and quality to the Project Board.
- Create design plans, projections and clear documentation under the guidance of Architecture Project Manager.
- Assist the planning of the designs and work with the Architectural Project Manager to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Provide proactive recommendations to improve the designs and reduce costs during the course of the project, as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to all Health and Safety standards and Quality Assurance standards and report issues.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (2008 or newer) with multiple layer standards and multiple scales with annotative objects within the same drawing.
- Proficiency in Revit very desirable.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Architecture or Construction.
- Experience in East Africa desirable.
- Ability to read architectural blueprints, and understand and interpret construction drawings.
- Prepare drawings of landscape and interior designs and finishing schedules.
- Layout and plan using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment, redesign/modify as necessary.
- Work within various internal departments in order to successfully complete projects.
- Have expertise in developing design drawings and construction documents working to tight timescales.
- Work collaboratively with the design team and consultants through all the project phases.
- Strong Organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Networking and interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop cooperative relationships with department heads.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems.