Arts and Culture Projects and Events Coordinator
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
Title: Arts and Culture Projects and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement
Job Type: Full Time
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an independent, accredited university with the mission to train the next generation of global health professionals and thinkers to be leaders and change makers so that equitable, quality health services are accessible and delivered to all.
At UGHE, we believe that building bridges across sectors is a necessity to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally, but also to eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
During the past two years, UGHE had incubated a series of projects looking at the role and contributions of culture and arts in individual and community health as well as in generating health outcomes and engaging the public about health and wellbeing. As part of those projects, UGHE created Hamwe Festival in 2019, a platform bringing the health sector together with creative industries annually, with the dual mission to create an enabling environment for strong collaboration between the health and creative sectors, as well as to generate new insights into global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of creative and global health professionals. After two years of existence, Hamwe festival has proven its value by attracting a large public in Rwanda and beyond, but also by hosting innovative high-quality creative research content contributing to successful engagement and the creation of partnerships across sectors.
Acknowledging this success, UGHE created the Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement in charge of organizing Hamwe Festival annually and designing, implementing, and evaluating arts and culture in health projects at community, national and global level.
About the role:
UGHE is looking for an Arts and Culture Projects and Events Coordinator to support the Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement research projects. The ideal candidate is a creative, highly organized and resourceful professional with experience planning and managing events (including online), this person will work with a multidisciplinary team, various UGHE departments as well as external partners to accomplish the tasks entailed in implementing the logistics, finance and administrative activities of the department’s projects.
- Serve as the point of contact for the team's administrative and logistics needs and requests and provide high-quality and timely support to the department projects
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate project records, documents, and reports
- Support team logistics and travel arrangements when necessary
- Schedule and coordinate meeting and events, including drafting agenda, invitations, mails, emails, setting preparation calls
- Occasionally recruit and supervise interns, volunteers, and assistants
- Support management in collaborating and reviewing and evaluating activities of vendors, contractors, and partners
- Support the department projects communications and translations
- Contribute to projects financial and procurement processes ensuring all internal policies and budget limits are respected
- Monitor department contract execution and payments
- Use various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software when facilitating projects.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed in the organization
- Assist with a variety of organization activities and processes
- Act as a focal point for diverse events such as writing contests, webinars, exhibitions
- Maintain a database of partners (artists, funders, academic technical partners, and global health professionals) that will be used to advise UGHE teams during the programing activities
- Provide strategic support on initiatives important for the team and organization success
- Contribute to team monitoring and evaluation activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Ability to comply with organization policies and follow up on agreement execution
- Ability to work under effectively in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Experience performing administrative duties and logistics support to small, medium, and large projects
- Ability to lead projects and also to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage junior staff
- Proactive problem solver
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Interest in working at the intersection of the health and creative sectors
- Experience in building and managing vendors and partners relationships
- Excellent time management skills
Preferred candidates will have previous experience in similar roles and hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FoEXQgfwr
The deadline: 7th October 2021