Ruzizi Tented Lodge, Akagera National Park
Akagera Management Company is seeking an Assistant Manager for Ruzizi Tented Lodge. Ruzizi is a small lodge, with a maximum of 20 guests, located in Akagera National Park. The lodge has been operating since 2013 and has maintained a five-star rating on TripAdvisor for the past 5 years. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic, highly motivated and reliable individual to work with an established team to continue making a success of Ruzizi Tented Lodge. Assistant Manager works closely with the Lodge Manager, responsible for the efficient overall management of the lodge and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Staff management; overseeing work of all staff including housekeeping department, kitchen, and front of the house, making sure all staff are prepared and organized on a daily basis and adhering to the standards set out in the SOP’s.
- Hospitality; hosting, socializing with guests and being present and available to respond to all visitor needs quickly and efficiently.
- Food and beverage; assisting the manager to oversee and organize ordering & purchases, planning, production, and service
- Administration; Work closely with the front office receptionist on bookings & assist with reception duties where needed, reporting, ensuring stock control measures are being taken. Overseeing off-days and annual leave timetables in the absence of the Manager
- Housekeeping; checking the quality of cleaning is maintained, reporting to manager and scheduling general maintenance
Suitable candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Speak fluent English, French, and Kinyarwanda
- Be Rwandan nationals
- Have completed education to a minimum level of Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in hospitality
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Vast knowledge of Front Office Management
- Knowledge of tourism and wildlife and conservation is an advantage
- A background in finance or administration is an advantage
- A quick learner and enthusiastic, and have good people skills
- Be highly organized, self-motivated, and eager to learn
- Be dependable, respectful, flexible
- Demonstrate good work ethic, hardworking and honest
The position is subject to standard terms and conditions, medical cover, accommodation, and food while at the place of work are provided on-site.
Please ensure your application contains the following:
- Cover letter addressed to the Tourism and Marketing Manager
- Letter of integrity
- Names and contact details of 2 professional referees
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2020 to be delivered to the Tourism and Marketing Manager at Akagera National Park Headquarters or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org Successful shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Done at AKAGERA National Park
By NTEZIMANA Jerome