DATE REVIEWED: August 2018
Under moderate Supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment, instrumentation, and support systems of moderate complexity used in health care delivery. Inspect, install, and perform inventory assessments and preventive maintenance of medical equipment. Assist medical and nursing staff in the use of medical equipment.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer & Head of Technical Department
Subordinate Staff: None
Internal Contacts: Departmental Heads, Signing authorities
External Contacts: Clientele Base
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, inspect, adjust and configuration of medical equipment and instrumentation, including life support equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunction.
- Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Assist with and evaluate third-party repairs.
- Receive, ensure correct handling and double check equipment that have arrived at the office and check before despatch to clients.
- Provide technical assistance to and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review the outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Provide mentoring to other Biomedical Equipment Technicians.
- May assist Senior Biomedical Engineering Technicians or Supervisor with in-service educational programs on use of equipment.
- Make complete validation tests for different equipment proving functionality
- Equipment management (writing reports on equipment)
- Give periodic equipment status report on equipment that are under placement, service, repair and calibration
- Give service and maintenance on equipment under contract and warranty
- Give the required aftersales service for every equipment sold.
- Advise and assist in the application of instrumentation /equipment supplied.
- Evaluate safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of equipment.
- Analyze equipment status and environment to forecast the likely outcome
- Train and advise any personnel in Medequip concerning equipment and accessories to ensure a correct sale or provide professional service to clients.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualification a Diploma in Biomedical Engineering
- With at least 1 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Additional Certifications and other professional development experience
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Customer Service and people skills
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue with a positive attitude when reaching next potential customer
- Phone, email and chat communication skills
- Prospecting skills
- Territorial management aptitude
- Persuasion, negotiation and closing skills
- Patience to deal with customer issues and calls that do not end in a sale
- Motivation Skills and a positive attitude
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
Core Performance Competencies for all employees of the Company:
- Building Rapport – developing good relationships; getting along well with people and putting them at ease.
- Client/Customer Awareness – exemplifying excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal Relations – recognizing the “people” aspect of issues and the need for positive relationships; produces good results through interaction with others.
- Listening Skills – attentive hearing; demonstrating understanding from what has been expressed.
- Organizing/Planning Ability – problem-solving and time management skills; meeting as well as working under deadlines; goal setting based on priorities.
- Personal Work Ethic – meeting as well as working under deadlines; setting high standards for oneself.
- In addition, to the Core Competencies identified as being required by all Company staff, the following competencies are also integral to the position:
- Attention to Detail – Checking for accuracy in one’s work; controlling/eliminating errors; showing concern for all areas of a task, however small.
- Analytical Skills – Collecting, comparing and relating data from different sources; identifying issues; anticipating problems.
- Integrity – can be trusted to perform duties in a proper and honest manner.
- Computer Skills – using appropriate computer skills and knowledge, ranging from data entry to systems analysis, to achieve work goals.
- Consultative Skills - Giving effective professional advice to meet the identified needs of the client/customer.
- Team Skills – being able to work collaboratively with others in a participative management environment; working independently as well as working on a team.
- Written Skills - Conveying information accurately in an appropriate written format; expressing oneself effectively in writing.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are required to send in their CVs and application letter to: