Book-Keeper / Finance Assistant
Your role as a book-keeper is to manage the company’s books, track and collate invoices, make payments, reconciliations and maintain adequate financial records. You will keep track of payments, receipts and invoices, and ensure our data is up to date and correct. The Accountant will report directly to the Director of Finance and General Manager.
- Manage company books using Microsoft Office Excel, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly reports.
- Prepare invoices, ensure taxes are paid and other payments are made as required to suppliers, creditors, employees, and others.
- Prepare invoices, deal with related taxes timely and manage communication with RRA.
- Making basic forecasts for operation expenses and managing this budget on a day-to-day basis.
- Follow up on all payment matters, resolving issues as they arise with our banking partners, both domestically and internationally.
- Prepare periodic financial analytics and reports for the Board.
- Work closely with external auditors, accounting partners and tax operatives.
- Prepare reconciliations for bank, Mobile Money, and vendor accounts, flagging and rectifying any recording errors.
- Perform the recovery of receivables from company debtors, as well as tax declaration to RRA
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Director of Finance
- Superior attention-to-detail and financial analysis capabilities.
- Able to recommend ways of saving costs and financial efficiencies within the organization.
- Have a positive and personable demeanor while multi-tasking and working with time-sensitive processes.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to follow-up / follow through without having to be reminded.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- English and Kinyarwanda fluency. French and Swahili proficiency is a plus.
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
- 2+ years working as a book-keeper
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite programs and databases. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Experience should be working in book-keeping, inventory management, administration or similar field. Experience using accounting software is a strong plus, so is any experience working in a fast-paced business environment.
- Demonstrated excellent time management; should work well under pressure.