Branch Warehouse Manager
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Kenya use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors necessary.
Job Description: Rwanda Warehouse Manager
Sokowatch is searching for a stellar warehouse manager to be based in Kigali. They will undertake all aspects of warehouse manager for Sokowatch in Rwanda. The primary goal of this position is to monitor, report, and optimize inventory controls in Rwanda.
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, commerce, business administration, or a closely related field.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager for at least 5 years.
- Expertise in development and implementation of warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement processes improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of the warehousing key performance indicators (SOPs)
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff effectively for optimal performance.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and must be fluent in English
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity, keen on details, and comfortable working with numbers.
- Ability to multitask, provide leadership, and perform under pressure.
- A go getter and a problem solver.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of all warehouse operations in Rwanda including staff.
- Responsible for the development and compliance of agreed-upon warehouse standard operating procedures across all warehouse functions (eg. loading, stock reconciliation, cash reconciliation, storage, stock counts).
- Spearhead all inventory cycle counts, analyze variances, and fully investigate and report on stock variances i.e expected versus actual / physical.
- Generate reliable reports on inventory levels, movement as well as stock valuation on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for the management of inventory across all branches. Ensuring each branch is not over/under- stocking on any SKU.
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse team and finance team with regards to timely payment for LPOs.
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between country level warehouse managers, supplier relations, and procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of requested LPOs.
- In charge of tracking and reporting of country level agent shorts, inventory shrinkage as well as send out
- Responsible for the development of branch-level warehouse team budgets (eg. budget for additional personnel, storage capacity, parking capacity, offloading capacity, stock forecasting)
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply
Qualified candidates to send their applications to email@example.com clearing indicating by 30th January 2021
‘Warehouse Manager Rwanda’ on the subject by ’
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.